Big Ideas

We love your feedback. You help make us better!

Welcome. If you have an idea for a great new feature, or would love to see changes to an existing feature, we want to hear from you! Let’s have a conversation.

All we ask is that you keep the tone professional and the message constructive. Please understand that the purpose of this forum is improving the product and adding the features you need. Client Services is available online or by phone for reporting bugs and other support related concerns.

1ShoppingCart would rule the eCommerce world if you just...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Secure Ordering Processing via API - Allows Completely Custom and Client-hosted Order Forms

Improving on the existing API by allowing API calls to process orders securely would open up a lot of possibilities for merchants. Here are a few advantages that I can think of:

- Custom order forms/interfaces can be created and controlled by merchant's developers, in unique and creative ways that more suit a client's specific sales process needs.

- Because the order form could be developed in the client's web application language of choice (PHP, Rails, etc), order processing can be more easily integrated directly with other applications that might be dependent on billing such as content management systems, forums,…

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      3 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Split-Test Lists

Hi 1Shop,

It will be GREAT if we can do more and better testing with emails.

One major point:

Let us be able to test email messages to a specific list/autoresponder group.

If we can send 1/2 of the mentioned list, one email. And the other 1/2 of the list, a second email.

What would be great, is if it was easier to take a sample from a specific list and do the above described test.

Also, that any subsequent email to the same list, can exclude the first sample group...
      i.e. If I did a test:
      - Sample Group…

24 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • sso
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Broadcasting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Assign Upsell Offers/Funnels to Advanced Bundle Products

It would be awesome if you gave us the option of assigning Upsell Offers/Funnels to Advanced Bundle products instead of only single products.

24 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • sso
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          11 comments  ·  Upsell Express  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We had anticipated this desire when we designed Upsell Express, however, we also have some planned changes to Bundle Offers as well.

The changes that are slated for Bundle Offers will ultimately allow you to use a bundle in Upsell Express.

• Create secondary affiliate program so we can assign a product to one affiliate program & not another

I want to be able to create a 2nd affiliate program for a product (membership site) that I open up to only certain people and don't want existing affiliates currently promoting other products to promote the membership site (at least not yet) . Right now, 1SC won't let us create a second affiliate program . INstead, if we make a product eligible for affiliate status, all affiliates can promote it. We can't control which affiliates have access to which products

23 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • sso
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            2 comments  ·  Affiliate Module  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Allow me to LIMIT the quantity of each item that each user can purchase.

I am a distributor that sells things on behalf of my customers. My customers want me to be able to place limits on how many items each person can buy. Think of it like a Ticketmaster environment where each person may only purchase UP TO 8 tickets (and no more than that), but the event has a total of 10,000 tickets to sell.

Note that it would be great to be able to place the limit per user, but even placing the limit per transaction would be better.

The limit needs to also be per-product. So, using my example, if…

23 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • sso
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              3 comments  ·  Products & Inventory  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Add Lifetime Customer Value to Ad Tracker

“Lifetime Customer Value” (LCV) is the most important metric in direct marketing.

It is absolutely critical to know how much, on average (including upsells and recurring orders), a customer spends with you over time, for each traffic source.

Knowing this allows the marketer to accurately calculate how much money to spend on adverting.

I suggest adding a field to the Ad Trackers called “LCV.” This field would display the average amount of money each customer spends from that traffic source. This is simply the sum of orders, upsells, and recurring revenue from that source, divided by the number of customer…

22 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • sso
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                5 comments  ·  Ad Trackers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • shipping status indicator on the Current Orders page

It would be very helpful to users and reduce the load on your servers to put either the shipping tracking number or just an X on the Current Orders display page to indicate if the order had been shipped.

22 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • sso
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  5 comments  ·  Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Automate starting a new autoresponder series when a series is complete

Automate a new autoresponder series to start when a sequence ends. Someone fails to purchase a product by the end of a sequence automatically start the next product sequence as the next step.

21 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • sso
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Autoresponders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Can we attach documents?

Sometimes my promotions require me to attach an enrollment form or flyer. Why can't we attach a document to emails? Aweber and Infusion allow us to do that.

20 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • sso
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      1 comment  ·  Autoresponders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Sort Products by Price

Currently there's not option I'm aware of to sort my list of available products by price. The option to list products in some order (other than Alpha) would be a HUGE benefit for store owners IMO. Hope you guys consider this option.

20 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • sso
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        1 comment  ·  Products & Inventory  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Remove "Province of China" from Taiwan in drop-down country list

In the drop-down list of countries at checkout, Taiwan is listed as a Province of China. We have gotten repeated complaints about that designation as it is a very fraught and controversial political issue, and many Taiwan residents (and our customers) object to that designation. In Taiwan, this is an extremely sensitive issue.

The Taiwan resident who has complained about this most vigorously told us that she has never encountered any online transaction page that says "Taiwan, province of China." If you go to any large transaction sites, like Amazon, etc., it only says Taiwan. Also, if you look at…

20 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • sso
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          0 comments  ·  Shopping Cart  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • **Import Shipping Tracking Numbers into order records after shipment is sent!!!

Like many clients we use a fulfillment house to ship orders and handle customer service. Currently there is no method to import shipping tracking numbers once an order is shipped by our fulfillment house; it has to been done manually which is not a viable option. A simple import would be a huge time saver and allow for customer service to use 1ShoppingCart interface as a central database. I believe this would be a very attractive feature and help attract new business segments to 1ShoppingCart as it could be used in customer service settings.

19 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • sso
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            4 comments  ·  Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Option to disable email notification to second tier affiliate

When we do not want to use second level commission, the affiliates that manage to refer a new affiliate member still get email notification which mention "You will receive commissions from their referrals." This is confusing to some people, please make the option to disable this email available. Thank you.

19 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • sso
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              5 comments  ·  Email Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • API for Affiliate area.

Allow us to be able to grab the information from our own affilate areas so we can put it in our own membership sites. AS currently if a person has a membership site then their members need to have two username and passwords. One for the membership site and one for the affiliate site. Also it would allow for us to use the links, banners, emails etc more effectively for our own affiliates.

19 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • sso
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                3 comments  ·  Affiliate Module  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Add Multiple Items To Cart at the Same Time with Quantites

I know about the bundling, but what I am talking about is being able to have multiple products listed, being able to choose how many of each they want, then one form button to push to add everything. So if I was selling socks, I would want my customer to be able to choose how many red, blue and green socks they want to buy, then press one button to add them all to the cart.

19 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • sso
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  6 comments  ·  Shopping Cart  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • connect to Fedex or UPS to make shipping labels

Print shipping label should be more than just avery labels. We would like to be able to open our Fedex or UPS account w/ the order information already entered and we could print the shipping label.

19 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • sso
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    4 comments  ·  Shipping & Taxes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • When I get an unsubscribe message, I would like to know what the customer has unsubscribed to.

When I get an unsubscribe message, I would like to know what the customer has unsubscribed to.

18 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • sso
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      3 comments  ·  Email Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Custom Signatures - option to attach different signatures to different AR

I can create multiple approved "custom signatures", but what's the point as only the default attaches to all outgoing messages?
                                      I should be able to attach selected "custom signatures" to selected messages.

18 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • sso
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Autoresponders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Server Post Back on Upsell Pages

As you know a high percentage of customers never make it to the thank you page when you enable 1 click upsells.

If there was more flexibility to use PHP on the upsell page, or send post variables to a URL on a successful conversion, it would make 1 Shopping Cart much more integration friendly and be better for all for all of us trying to integrate more advanced software.

18 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • sso
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          1 comment  ·  Upsell Express  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Have the ability for Autoresponders to start on a given day of the week eg Monday rather than n days.

Have the ability for Autoresponders to start on a given day of the week e.g. Monday rather than n days after registering.

This way I can have something that goes out on the same day every week by using +7 days after the initial one, I want to send a motivational email out every Monday to help kick start the week.

18 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • sso
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Autoresponders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base