Big Ideas

We love your feedback. You help make us better!

Welcome. If you have an idea for a great new feature, or would love to see changes to an existing feature, we want to hear from you! Let’s have a conversation.

All we ask is that you keep the tone professional and the message constructive. Please understand that the purpose of this forum is improving the product and adding the features you need. Client Services is available online or by phone for reporting bugs and other support related concerns.

1ShoppingCart would rule the eCommerce world if you just...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. License Keys

We have several products that we have licensed from another company. THey have given us a limited number of key codes. At time of purcahse the customer needs to be given one of the X amount of keys. I also need a field in the email (autoresponder) so I can send them their key

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google 1ShoppingCart.com
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Products & Inventory  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Include a Checkbox in the Manage products list Screen for Hide/Unhide Individual Products

It would be very helpful if there was a provision (like a checkbox) in the "Manage Products" screen (where all the products are displayed in a list) to check off whether you wanted a PRODUCT hidden or not - instead of having to go into each individual product to hide or unhide it. There is already this provision in the CATEGORY management list, so why not make it available in the PRODUCT management list?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Products & Inventory  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Price Adjustment Option for Per Unit or Flat Rate

It would be nice to be able to add a Flat Price Adjustment rather than per unit. If a customer is buying mulitple items that can be customized, such as greeting cards or tshirts, you would have the price per unit, and then can charge a flat rate, ex. Art Charge that would only be added once instead of to each item.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow shoppers to submit a logo in the cart for custom products.

Allow shoppers to upload a logo when ordering custom products.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Customer to Upload File for Personalizations

It would be nice to offer the Customer the ability to upload files or images to us for when they are placing orders for personalized items, such as gift cards, t-shirts, or even gift message options for other products. It would be nice to have the option available at checkout or like a ticket system if customers need to send us pictures of damaged goods as proof.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please add an expiration date to automatically deactivate a product.

I run live workshops on a regular basis. This week, I've had two people register for a live event workshop that has already happened! My sales page lists all the dates and locations for the year for a particular workshop. I don't always have the ability to go back in and manually deactivate a product.

In the same way there is a "sale price" from and to date, there could be an option for "Active During" from and to date period. If nothing is entered, the product is always active.

I could see this useful also for seasonal-specific products with…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Make product setting tiers dollars OR percentage

you currently set a product's First tier and Second tier as static dollars only ... but if that had option of being a percentage .. and a coupon code reduces product price .. then First Tier affiliate commission would calculate % of reduced price rather than set $ amount. (For example, say a $14 product has 50% in First tier affiliate amt. Then if a 50% off coupon code is used it would calculate a $7 product and $3.50 as First tier payment.)

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. add update option when import product detail or product option details

hi, i dont know why you move the ticket system. i can not submmit my issue which perplex me for long time.
    will you add a option which i can choose insert data or update data when i am importing data. you know, i we always want to update some value in batch size. such as price.
    your system never have a function to update or delete date in batch size!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Payment method by product

Allow a choice of payment method by product. For example, we use authorize.net but have Paypal as an option. There are some products for which we would not like the paypal option to show up. Currently it seems to be "all or nothing" with the paypal option.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Limitations to the amount of one product a customer can buy would be great

It should be an option to limit the quantity of a specific product that a customer can purchase. Example being a product that limits 2 of that product to each customer, and if they attempt to purchase a 3rd a message displays indicating the items limits per order.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Tie old products to new ones, so old products can be deleted

I have multiple products that are identical that because I was a newbie, I didn't realize how to set up products right, and I created new ones. So I have multiple products that are really the same thing. I want to delete the old products that are identical to the new ones to streamline my list, but I can't because they are tied to recurring orders. If I delete the product, I delete the recurring order. I would love to be able to some how transfer or tie an old product with a new one so that I can narrow…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. block certain purchases unless customer has purchased pre-requisite products first

We have online classes that are hierarchical and would like to have a way to prevent people who have not taken the pre-requisite course from purchasing the higher level products - this way we can show all products on our sales page via our website without having to manually check each purchase for the pre-requisites.
    For instance a customer who attempts to purchase an upgrade from Silver to Gold level must already have purchased the Silver Level in the first place.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Selling "season tickets" for partial subsets of events

Let's assume I have 6 products (S1...S6), each corresponding to a paid teleseminar in a series I will be offering over the next 6 months. Let's assume each teleseminar (1SC product) will be priced at $36. I would like to offer prospects the opportunity to purchase a "4-pack," meaning a separate product P for $99 that will enable them to attend ANY 4 of the teleseminars S1...S6. This is the equivalent of selling a set of 4 tickets, and each ticket can be used for a single teleseminar of the customer's choice.

Now, the only way I've figured how to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I wanted to use the "take a payment" to set a minimum price and use that as the default. Currently, that does not work. It sets the default

I wanted to use the "take a payment" to set a minimum price and use that minimum value as the default. Currently, that does not work. It sets the default to $0.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. add a TAG to a product

TAG a product. Simple. Straighforward. Needed. Necessary.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Have validation on product imports for store to warn if page templates do not already exist.

Have validation on product imports for store to warn if page templates do not already exist.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Notes and custom fields on product pages

I would love to be able to add administrative notes about products or custom fields that I can search by. For example, I want to be able to list the locations where I mention product prices on my website. It would be great to have an administrator page. Custom fields might include vendor names, product manager, etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Create an advertisement script

I would love to see a script for product ads, much like you do for the webforms. It would be great to post an ad for a product that would reflect real-time pricing.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow more than 2 decimal points on product sales

We sell different quantities of the same product and are unable to sell for the same price as many of our print advertisements. i.e. we offer quantities 1, 2, 4 and 6 at 39.95, 71.95, 129.95 and 179.95. Without 4 decimal places these prices cannot be met and we end up selling for 39.95, 71.93, 129.92 and 179.94. We do use kits in some ads and that can fix this issue, but in some ads we want the customer to select quantity which then we're unable to sell our products for what we desire.
    Is there something that we're missing…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add the id from my database to a column

Your database export doesn't include the product key from my database. Adding it would make syncing data from the 2 much easier. For instance, when I add a new product to my cart using an export from my database, it doesn't yet have the id from your database. I would like to see the id from my database included in your export, so I can import it into a temporary table, then link on my id to add your id to my live database table.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base