Big Ideas

We love your feedback. You help make us better!

Welcome. If you have an idea for a great new feature, or would love to see changes to an existing feature, we want to hear from you! Let’s have a conversation.

All we ask is that you keep the tone professional and the message constructive. Please understand that the purpose of this forum is improving the product and adding the features you need. Client Services is available online or by phone for reporting bugs and other support related concerns.

1ShoppingCart would rule the eCommerce world if you just...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Product Autoresponders:

When you click on the autoresponder tab under a product, it would be really helpful if the already assigned autoresponders were listed at the top just like it is done with a autoresponders connected to a contact.

Also, under product, for autoresponders, let's have a way to see more than 10 autoresponders at a time.

Right now, it's very time consuming to assign autoresponders to a product. I do a lot of product copying and the autoresponder assignment is very time consuming the way it currently is set up.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google 1ShoppingCart.com
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Products & Inventory  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Increase Short Description limit

Increase short description character limit from 250 to 500. While it's understandable short descriptions should be short, but 250 characters is usually not enough to provide sufficient highlights about a product.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Exclude products from selected countries

I'd like to be able to exclude individual products for sale to select countries. Specifically, I want to be able to sell digital products worldwide, but limit physical products to all but a few countries.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Products & Inventory  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow the products to be moved around in the category rather than just listed a-z

I want to be able to have my most popular products show at the top of the list and not have a fixed place depending regardless what letter it starts with.

You can move the categories up & down so why not the products within the category?

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Do not show alternate shipping address field for non shipped products

The alternate shipping address should NOT show up when the item isn't a tangible item. I've lost many sales b/c customers get nervous about the product being shipped when they specifically chose it NOT to be shipped.

Please implement asap.

Thank you

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. backorder

When an item is on backorder, the user should be warned before they add it to their cart that the item is backordered, and it would be nice to be able to specify the amount of time the customer would have to wait before receiving their order, so they can decide to place the order now, or wait.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Offer different digital downloads for each Option's Value

We offer digital download products and matching physical products. However, some of our products are available in different languages. We use the "Options" to make the various languages available in our physical products, but it would be great to have the ability to offer a digital download for each "Value" created in the "Product Option Values" rather than make a different (download) product for each language.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. OPTION FOR PRICE TO AUTOMATICALLY INCREASE BY CERTAIN $ OR CENT AMOUNT PER SALE. DIME SALE.

Ok so to entice sales have an option for every time you make a sale the price increases by a specified amount. example: 10 cents. It hurrys people to buy because the price is always increasing. Great for sales.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Product Options to have their own Thank You URL

Current "Product Options" are great start, but it would be even better if we had the ability to customize the "thank you URL" for each product option. In my case, each product option is a different downloadable product. When they select a product option, I need to send them to a different thank you page to give them the correct URL for the item download. Right now, I have to send them to a single thank you page and manually send them an e-mail with the correct download link. Not ideal.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1SC really needs to have 301 redirects, especially for stores that are moving to 1SC

I am moving my store from a custom website to a 1SC store. My largest concern is that 1SC does not offer any means for 301 redirects of my old website categories to the new 1SC store categories. I have hundreds of links customers have placed in DIY forums out on the web. These free referrals will (hopefully) use the 401 page and click around the menu. I would have much less concern about using 1SC with 301 redirects for the 20 old categories I have.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Option to search for a product by price, color, size, popularity etc.

I would like to request that I and the customer that's shoping should have the option to organize the products by...
    -newly added or
    -price (low to high or high to low)
    -alphabetical order (which is how it works now)
    -color and or sizes
    -most sold (or popular or featured )

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Limit for the quantity of a particular product a customer could purchase. We sell many loss leaders and want to limit it to 1 or 2 per cust.

We sell many loss leaders and having the ability to set a product specific limit in quantity would be a huge benefit. Currently we have text in the header of the cart that says 1 or 2 per customer, but many people still order more and we have to manually cancel and do partial refunds.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Region Specific Products

The ability to make certain products only available to certain regions. Then, if a customer attempts to enter a country outside of that region in the shipping information, a custom error message would display directing them elsewhere.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add a Server Traffic Indicator for Imports

Lately, it seems like server traffic has been really high considering the holiday season. It would be nice to have an indicator as to what the current server traffic looks like so I know in advance whether my product imports will go through in a normal amount of time or be backlogged several hours or more.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. product import - System data base - Job Status

On the Job Status Screen , we should be able to have a colonme that would have the NAME of the import sheet that we are importing. For several times I import several small imports instead of one large one to help diagnose problems if a file has failed. Would be much easier to immediately indentify that a number!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. export options

If you put out a release and ad product options fields or weight fields, etc. You NEED to add the option of whether or not you want to export those fields. Some of us may not use the extra fields you create.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Easy way to get Option IDs

It's easy to get the Product ID - it's shown right there on the 'edit product' screen. However, there is no easy way to get the Option ID for things like Flavor or Size.

Currently we add the product to the cart and view the HTML source code to retrieve these Option IDs.

How about a small change to the 'edit options' screen where the Option ID is also shown?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Enhance inventory tracking to manage multiple, related products

I sell 50 spots in a class, with two payment options--single-pay and 3-pay. I have to manually balance inventory between the two options once we're down to a few seats left. Options won't work b/c the prices are different.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Show number of recurring cycles in product spreadsheet

Many of our products have have recurring charges, but only for 3 months or 12 months. Then the charges stop. The product spreadsheet (used for editing) needs to include a column with the number of recurring cycles.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Multiple or 'Tiered' Pricing Levels

I need the ability to assign a 'pricing level' to customers so they automatically get charged a specified price for each product depending on which level they are assigned to. For example a Level 1 customer may pay $5 less than retail for a particular product, Level 2 might pay $7 less, etc.. I would like at least 5 levels available.

This is a feature that competitors such as Volusion have offered for years!!!

This is the only thing that is preventing me from switching all of my transactions over to 1SC.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base