Big Ideas

We love your feedback. You help make us better!

Welcome. If you have an idea for a great new feature, or would love to see changes to an existing feature, we want to hear from you! Let’s have a conversation.

All we ask is that you keep the tone professional and the message constructive. Please understand that the purpose of this forum is improving the product and adding the features you need. Client Services is available online or by phone for reporting bugs and other support related concerns.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Loyalty Program

Customers (members) can collect points by purchasing products and the points can be redeem for new purchase or gift certificates.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google 1ShoppingCart.com
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Coupons & Discounts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Coupons & Discounts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add discount to "How did you hear about us?" form

It would be nice to have an option to provide a discount, free shipping, or other freebie to the "How Did You Hear About Us?" form, to give customers an incentive to fill out the form in order to get a discount on the current purchase.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow for the creation of types of discounts other than volume discounts.

Sometimes we have discounts for items that are not based on volume. Right now we are having to create a separate Product to accomplish this.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Coupons & Discounts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. coupon

I came from a different shopping cart system with a wonderful selection of coupon options rather than just dollars off or percent off. Examples are: free shipping, free specified item with purchase of a different item (or with a certain order total), buy one get one half-off, buy one get one free, buy (defined qty) of specified item and get (defined qty) of specified item free.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. refer a friend program

Interested to find out if 1shoppingcart can implement "Refer a friend and receive rebate or cash reward program". It is part of the viral marketing and I think would be supplemental to the existing affiliate program. The best marketing is word of mouth.
    Most of the customers would have no ideas about affiliate program but they are familiar with refer a friend.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Coupons & Discounts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Coupons & Discounts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. upload coupon codes ex. Groupon codes

Would love to be able to upload coupon codes to facilitate the use of Groupon and similar web services. And of course have the all the flexabilities such as single use, expiry date, etc.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Coupons & Discounts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Option to hide coupon code form field

We have found that customers who see the coupon code field sometimes leave the cart in search of a coupon code (which may not exist) thus hurting our over-all conversion because they never come back. We feel it would be optimal to have the option to show the coupon code field in each Product Detail listing.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Coupons & Discounts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Automatically had a Discount when a new Product was Purchased

My system is date specific and I want people to receive a further discount with every date that is purchased. So, it automatically is discounted when date #2 is purchased then a further discount when date #3 is purchased and so on. Currently, there are too many combinations that can be put together to make this look any good on my web page and would be great if it just said "Automatic Discount received when more than one date is added to the shopping cart"

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Provide a way to attach specific pricing for each product offering to individual coupon codes.

All of our accounts already have customized pricing on all of our products that vary significantly in percentage discount. Setting up a separate shopping cart page for each and every customer that must have specific login privileges is an abysmal prospect requiring excessive time and resources.

SIMPLE SOLUTION: give all our customers a Coupon code that transforms the pricing on the shopping cart to reflect their customized pricing on each product that we adjust on the back end associated with each specific customer.

PROBLEM SOLVED!
    Please vote on this. WE REALLY NEED THIS BEFORE WE CAN GO LIVE

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make it possible for us to have Coupon Code options on some products and not others. Currently it's global.

It should be possible to have the option to enter a coupon code only on those products for which you have a coupon code available. As a consumer, I always feel like I'm missing a good deal when there's a box for Enter Coupon Code and I don't have a coupon code or even know if one is available. I have one product where I would like to offer a coupon code, but don't want all my other customers buying other stuff to feel they are missing something. There's no reason that this should only be available globally under Setup.…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. provide a maximum discount amount when creating any coupons

When a customer uses a product coupon they can change the quantity of the product being ordered in the shopping cart and get more of a discount. For example, if I was the merchant offering a coupon code for 1 free product. The customer would place that product in their cart and change the quantity to 2 or more, then enter the coupon code and get as many of that product they wanted to for free. This is a HUGE flaw in the 1SC coupon system and needs to be addressed.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. GroupOn feature- Make your sales viral-the more people that buy the more the price drops

can you imagine if people were asking their friends, families or colleagues to purchase your products because they would benefit from the price discount and so would everyone else. those people also become advertisers for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. made it easier to select products or deselect products to apply coupon codes to w/o scrolling fcn.

Currently, we have 5500 products and to have to scroll through these 5500 to find the few that I want to select (to make the coupon all-inclusive), is maddening process.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Ability to select products you want for Order Based Discounts

I don't want all of my products to have the order based discount but some of them I do!!! There is no way of controlling this. You have the function for coupons... why not make it for the order based discount. PLEASE??

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Specify country for free shipping coupon

Please add the option to limit the countries for the free shipping coupon. I want to be able to offer a US-Only free shipping promo.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add a total discount for Quantity Discounts.

Example: offer buy 2-10 get 1 free by entering the total dollar discount for that quantity. This would allow the standard bundle system to take a full price place holder product to force a minimum price while still allowing more units at proper price. You would make 1 to the default qty work out to $0 extra, but each extra unit past the default would be added at the proper price.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Ability to create a coupon to make all products in a category on sale for same price.

Ability to choose a group of products or category of products with variable pricing and make them all on sale for one same price.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base