Big Ideas

We love your feedback. You help make us better!

Welcome. If you have an idea for a great new feature, or would love to see changes to an existing feature, we want to hear from you! Let’s have a conversation.

All we ask is that you keep the tone professional and the message constructive. Please understand that the purpose of this forum is improving the product and adding the features you need. Client Services is available online or by phone for reporting bugs and other support related concerns.

1ShoppingCart would rule the eCommerce world if you just...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Exit popup for the shopping cart

Exit popup for the shopping cart, so that when someone leaves the cart without making a purchase, they can get a pop-up with an option to receive a discount, buy an alternative product (less expensive), etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: sso facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Shopping Cart  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. remove the US territories from the list of US states!

shipping for Fed Ex GROUND cannot be calculated for the states you have listed on the US state list such as Guam, Puerto Rico .. etc etc so ALL of those places should ONLY be on the lst of international countries even if the US owns them !!! And Alaska and Hawaii Fed Ex ground shiping cannot also be accurately calculated as the cart currently exists so you need to be able to have an option for those 2 states on the order form for people to select as s/h is MUCH more and generally has to go thru the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add Separate Line Item Charge Depending On State

I sell mattresses, and three states (CA, CT, and RI) have recently enacted new used mattress recycling laws that require retailers to charge a recycling fee -- and show it as a separate line item on the invoice, bill of sale, etc -- at the time of purchase.

This requirement is of real concern since CA is a large % of sales, and violation of the law is a $500 a day penalty ($5000 if intentional, etc).

So we would need to be able to enter a recycling charge that would show with each mattress purchased in these states, and…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Shopping Cart  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. add the ability to downsell products

The ability to offer people a discount on their purchase when they go to close their current window would be great.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. automated email to cancelled orders

Option to send out an automated email to buyers who cancelled orders asking them if there was a problem I could help with it. Large button saying 'Click here to continue with your order'.

This would really help to bring back customers who cancelled their orders for whatever reason.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. remove the word 'below' from Buyer Agreement policy

If you're in default, rather than expanded, the buyer agreement asks to 'charge me for the total below' without a total being shown below.
    Please change the phraseology to include both cart types.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Show UK VAT on cart page and not just on checkout page

VAT works differently in the UK for private customers, compared to sales tax in the US. Unfortunately 1SC does not meet UK VAT needs. Private customers in the UK expect to see VAT inclusive prices on the cart page, and not VAT exclusive prices which will just confuse. I have been told by your support team that VAT inclusive prices cannot be shown on the cart page. I therefore cannot use VAT within 1SC as this will confuse my customers.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. custom "offline order" thank you pages

I sell mainly digital products, so on the "thank you page" I want it thank them for their order. If their card declines, and they can't get it to approve in real time, it gets submitted "offline". They still get to see the confirmation page and my analytics counts it as a sale. On that page, I would like to let them know what they can to go get their card to approve, maybe it was an AVS mismatch, or invalid card, etc. Given the chance to have a page after the submit a declined card later that can explain…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Quantity is "left justified" on invoices instead of being "centered"

On invoices, the Quantity column is LEFT justified and is bumping against the Price column, so if the price is $37.00, it looks like it is $37.001 where "1" is actually the Quantity.

I'd rather see the Quantity either centered or right-justified. This looks highly unprofessional to our customers. I have reported this several times in the last year and would really appreciate hearing from 1shoppngcart developers as to why they cannot adjust potentially one line of code from "left justified" to "centered" or "right justified".

These invoices are reaching our customers and are not just internal only.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The checkout page has a button labeled "apply" Apply what?

The checkout page has a button labeled "apply" Apply what? Very confusing to the customer. That should be labeled apply discount or apply coupon. Better yet, make it customizable.

The nav and other buttons should be customizable as well.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Shopping Cart  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Custom "shipping address" on checkout

I sell an online product that is not shipped physically. I would like to be able to change the label on the checkout from "shipping address" to "billing address" or just "address" because my customers get confused and start thinking I'm going to physically ship them something.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allowed different SC header graphics so that shopping cart matched website. Not just 1 header 4 all.

This would allow the shopping cart to match the website graphics. Example: Group products into 3 groups and use 3 different header graphics.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Change the word Sale to Save when expanding listings.

I have been using the product for 3 weeks now live. My number one call from customers while checking out: How come I cant buy your item at the listed sell price? I then have to spend time explaining that the amount shown in bold when checking out that has the word "SALE" beside it, is actually "SAVE".

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. select background image

Set the checkout "Select Background Image" to tile from the middle instead of from the left. I tried to add a background image 780 pixels white in the middle (where the checkout info is) with gray to the left and right to "border" the checkout page. It looks great, but is only centered at my actual screen resolution of 1900 wide, which is the width of the background image I uploaded.

If the background image was set to tile from the middle, the 780 pixels of white would always be centered over the actual 1SC checkout form, and to the…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. We need to be able to change the size, color, and copy on the "Submit Order" button.

That little green button is lost on the page. Gotta hurt conversions by some measurable number...

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 301 redirect

I would love to see a redirect function. On occasion, we have to change names of products, or we update them to a new version, and the url is out there in the wild. It would be great to be able to create a redirect so the old link goes to the new product.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 3 4 6 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base