Big Ideas

We love your feedback. You help make us better!

Welcome. If you have an idea for a great new feature, or would love to see changes to an existing feature, we want to hear from you! Let’s have a conversation.

All we ask is that you keep the tone professional and the message constructive. Please understand that the purpose of this forum is improving the product and adding the features you need. Client Services is available online or by phone for reporting bugs and other support related concerns.

1ShoppingCart would rule the eCommerce world if you just...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Include forced/non-forced continuity via checkbox with other orders.

When purchasing a home study course, or other item, it would be great if there could be a checkbox (or an option for the merchant to make it forced continuity and not have a checkbox) which would invoke reoccurring billing as a *separate product*.

It would be important to have it as a separate product, because if for some reason the customer wanted to return the main product but keep the reoccurring billing membership, having the two items be separate orders would be the only way to handle this situation appropriately.

Another reason for it to be a separate order…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: sso facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Shopping Cart  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Order form: the customer can click the CONTINUE SHOPPING button. I'd prefer that to be MY option. Better if I could tell them WHERE url.

On Order form: the customer can click the CONTINUE SHOPPING button. I'd prefer that to be MY option whether or not they see that. Better idea would be if I could tell them WHERE, the url to continue shopping.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Shopping Cart  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. "remember my information" checked by default in cart

Is there anyway to get the "remember my info" box checked by default:

http://i.imgur.com/hTR6WtO.png

Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Customize order Receipt Page.

It would be nice to be able to customize the order page to be more global. Especially if we are selling memberships and not actually selling "orders"

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Setup a way to track receipt of documents prior to a purchase completion? (For example, proof of being a student, to receive a discount)

Incorporate a service like Docusign or some way to track receipt of signed documents accepting a waiver or proof of participation in a group for a discount.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow orders without requiring cookies

We receive a number of complaints from people unable to order - we've 11 recently due to their not allowing cookies. On looking into it, only a couple explicitly had cookies disabled and others had combinations of Norton or other antiphishing setups.

The amount who complain I know are always less than those who cannot order but fail to mention it so we're actually looking at a sizable number.

People will (and do) order elsewhere if they cannot order due to their chosen system not working with our cart. Their perception, rightly, is that they are giving us their business…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Split shopping cart screen into 3 steps with progress bar.

Splits tests have shown that you can ease a customer into a sale at the checkout by first asking them just for their name and email (step 1). Then when they go to the second screen they complete the order (Step 2). Then they get instant access to their download or confirmation (step 3).

The great thing is that if they abandon the sale after step one, we can follow up on them.

A progress bar helps them to know where they are in the sales process and the whole thing helps break down the sale into manageable chunks, needing…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Ask for Shipping Details First, then Billing Address Information Second

For B2B transactions, we constantly get AVS mismatch rejections and a ton of complaint calls from customers frustrated with our online ordering process. People put in their office address first and below enter in the credit card information. After the credit card information input, if you then ask if the billing address for the credit card matches the shipping address entered above, more people won't experience so much trouble ordering online! Simple change and would save a lot of headaches!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Items Currently in Cart

It would be nice to have a Cart Count script available to place on our store pages so customers know how many items are currently in their cart. It might also be beneficial to give vendors the option of not always forcing the customer to the checkout area each time an item is placed in their cart.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. add a security feature that cross-checks user input between State and Zip Code.

For example, if an order's correct address is Texas, zip code 78704, and the customer enters Tennessee, zip code 78704 (wrong state). i'd like for KSC to catch these types of errors during order entry. Thank you

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add opt-in checkbox on shopping cart

When completing payment address and info, there should be an option to have a check box for "Yes I want to receive information on updates and promotions from xxx"

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow cart width to be adjustable

If you allow the card width to be adjustable we can adjust the width of the cart to match the width of our website. For example: my website is approx 956px wide so my top banner is also 956px wide. Your shopping cart is approx. 700px wide. So my top banner matches your cart, I have to downsize the top logo to 700px in width. It would blend with the website better if cart width stayed the same as website width.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Flag Mismatched Information

On our online store we have had a continuous issue with mismatched information. People type in all of their correct information and then for some reason select the incorrect state. When they select the incorrect state the system "catches" it by reverting back to the back up shipping information. We propose that there is a change made that when fields do not match up there is an error message so the customer knows to fix it, rather than reverting to the back up shipping. This would solve a big issue for us because often times we end up losing money…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make Submit Button more prominent on Check-Out Page

Please make the "Comments/Special Delivery Instructions" area shorter (able to expand if the customer's comment is longer.)

Also, please decrease the vertical spacing before headings: Shipping, Payment Information, Comments/Special Delivery Instructions, and the Buyer Agreement Policy.

This would move the Submit Order Button higher up on the page and help customers to find it.

It is a long page and customers have to scroll to get to the Submit Button. Please make it easier to find and help us convert more sales.

Thank you for a great shopping cart!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Shopping Cart  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. include or not include custom forms at the checkout page

Some products require the customer to answer a series of Qs. This should NOT be default but included on a needs basis

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Customizable shoppingcart/checkout page

I appreciate that there are at least a few customizable options for the shopping cart page but I would like to see a few more - oh, and it would also be nice to be able to customize the autoresponder unsubscribe pages as well.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Option to reorder the final shopping cart page

option to re order the different sections on the shopping cart page for the following :
    Billing information
    shipping information
    ship to a different address
    credit card information

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. assign a custom field form to particular product category

ability to assign a custom field form to particular product category and not to the checkout page for every product. great for a company like ours that sells activities.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Provide Separate Fields at Checkout for Customer Name and Name on Credit Card

Many of our customers are office staff who are signing up for training or products but using their manager's company card to pay for the transaction. We need separate fields for the customer name (the person ordering) and the name as it appears on the credit card (the person who is paying).

Right now, the customer name has to also be the name on the credit card and it creates an awkward interaction with our list when we email them using the name codes and their boss's name shows up on the emails instead of theirs. We have to manually…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)