Big Ideas

We love your feedback. You help make us better!

Welcome. If you have an idea for a great new feature, or would love to see changes to an existing feature, we want to hear from you! Let’s have a conversation.

All we ask is that you keep the tone professional and the message constructive. Please understand that the purpose of this forum is improving the product and adding the features you need. Client Services is available online or by phone for reporting bugs and other support related concerns.

1ShoppingCart would rule the eCommerce world if you just...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Display decline reason on checkout

The decline for an invalid billing address, AVS mismatch, used to be displayed. Please provide purchasers this information once again. They should at least be told if this is their error (incorrect address provided) vs. their bank declining charges. It would be good to display the AVS return code on the online order, though perhaps not on the screen when the decline happens.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: sso facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Shopping Cart  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow ship to name to have use other characters

A customer had a problem -- they are using a package dropoff service for UPS (that holds the package for them), and the package dropoff service requires them to put a 5 digit code after their name. Currently, 1Shoppingcart doesn't allow numbers, etc to show in the Ship to name, so they got an error message. As these drop off services become more prevalent, it would be nice if the cart would accept a dash or other characters as part of the Ship To Name so customers can correctly put this information in and complete their order.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Shopping Cart  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please let us set the display order of products on the cart page. Right now they only show alphabetically - give us a way to order them

Please let us set the display order of products on the cart page. Right now they only show alphabetically - give us a way to order them, by price, or arbitrarily

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Quantity to start higher than 1.

Allow the minimum quantity for quantity discounts to start at a number other than 1. For example: I have a product that you must order at least 100 pieces, but you can order any quantity above 100.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I like this idea, thanks.

For now, you may be able to accomplish this through the use of ‘Bundle Offers’.

By creating a second version of your product that ‘represents a qty of 100’ and then bundling it with the original product, you could force the purchase of 100 and still allow the customer to enter any additional qtys beyond that.

Hope this helps

5. ASAP: Make the cart page HTTPS because starting in July 2018...

Please change the cart page to HTTPS because starting in July, Google Chrome will mark all HTTP sites as “not secure.”

I asked support about this in August of 2017 and this was the answer:

"The cart page is designed to be an http:// page. Some prefer it that way and if we changed it for one it would change it for all. What you can do is submit a feature request at ideas.1shoppingcart.com to add a setting that allows the view cart page to be switched between https and http. If approved we may see that feature implemented in…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Use a logo for CARD TYPE selection

Many people have failed transactions and abandon the cart when they do not change the TAB to select the correct card type. The feedback to them is that the card type does not match the number but they fail to see the tabs - even after this ... Can we change it to a LOGO which they click on?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. convert credit card into four fields

I lose sales because people put a space in between each four digits for the credit card. I would like the ability to add a disclaimer next to the credit card field and/or the ability to convert the credit card info into four fields so that they can't put a space in between.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Return policy box

I'd like to see a return policy box that enables text to be entered that will print below the "Special Instructions box". It would also be great there were boxes formatted to allow the customer to enter the style number, quantity, price...of the item returned.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Change the States to their 2 letter Abrriviation

I currently have to change the state names on the shipping address to their 2 letter abbreviations for shipping labels. It would be nice if when customers choose their state it would just put the abbreviation on their shipping address instead of the full state name.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Set up different store "styles" that will automatically setup/hide certain cart features

I think I speak for alot of merchants when I say that the option to configure the store for a specific store "type" would be immensely benefical, especially during the setup of the store.

Example:

A merchant has a page that is configured primarily to accept donations. Instead of having to do page template/css hacks, there could be an option to automatically configure the listings as "donation" pages vs "product" pages.

Examples of the different available styles would be:

-Retail
    -Donation/Charity
    -Services/Payments

Retail settings would essentially be the same as the stock settings are now.

Donation/Charity: Store would automatically be…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Phone number input can be turned off from the cart setup page.

I don't need my customer's phone number, and it is off-putting to some people to be asked for a phone number. I would like to simply turn this input off from the cart setup page. Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Shopping Cart  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Move "Safe and Secure"

Move, or create the ability to move, "Your order is safe and secure" from the top of the page to near the Submit Order button.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add Billing email address to order information

After a customer buys a product I need to generate license keys on our back-end app, then email the license keys to the purchaser (the keys cannot be done on the digital product in the manner I need). Currently there is no way to get the email address the purchaser used to purchase the product.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Redesign the MOBILE Check out pages to be TRULY mobile comparable

Redesign the MOBILE Check out pages to be TRULY mobile comparable and not just shrunk down versions of the desktop pages.

The existing "mobile compatible" check out pages haven't changed since 2009.

1SC mobile checkout pages just don't work for today's web shoppers. The truth is they haven't for years.

Instead of making an easy to use and read page, our mobile page just shrink the desktop version of the checkout page, which is just a usability nightmare.

So I did some testing the last few months with different carts and sold identical products using FB and targeting mobile users.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow the option to limit shipping to one particular state.

This can benefit small businesses that serve a specific, localized area. Correlatively, it can also benefit businesses that cater to the delivery of goods and services to a specific, localized area, but have customers worldwide. i.e., Filipino overseas workers who would like to purchase goods and services in the Philippines to send to friends and relatives who live in the same area.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make the product data built into the button code (like PayPal)

We like to "recycle" buttons. It helps us so that we can use php code to populate the button information.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Customer Information Clears Upon Decline

When I enter a customer's order, but I accidentally type in the wrong credit card number for example, all of the information on the screen completely clears. I have to re-type all of the customers information. Perhaps, have just the credit card field clear upon a decline, but all of the rest of the information still filled in.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow blocking of only physical shipment by country, digital downloads would be OK.

I find that my fulfillment house won't ship to certain countries, but I'd still like to be able to allow digital downloads there.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Dynamic "View Shopping Cart" link showing current item count

On many e-commerce sites, the ""View Shopping Cart" icon is dynamic, that is, it shows a counter with the number of items currently in the cart (e.g., Amazon.com). I think that capability would be welcome on 1ShoppingCart sites

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Give an option for a Short Link, like a bit.ly, in the product Quick Link Builder.

Since bit.ly links are now giving a 10 spam score, it would be great if we could create short links like bit.ly links in the product Quick Link Builder on the links tab.

The cart links are too long to put in a text email message, or to unmask in html.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base