Big Ideas

We love your feedback. You help make us better!

Welcome. If you have an idea for a great new feature, or would love to see changes to an existing feature, we want to hear from you! Let’s have a conversation.

All we ask is that you keep the tone professional and the message constructive. Please understand that the purpose of this forum is improving the product and adding the features you need. Client Services is available online or by phone for reporting bugs and other support related concerns.

1ShoppingCart would rule the eCommerce world if you just...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Guys, please add Australia Post as a shipper option. This is vital for Australia!

Please add Australia Post as a shipper option. It's going to be very hard to use the product without this option.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: sso facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Shipping & Taxes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. make the shipping module accessable from the contents page right away

Make the shipping module accessable from the contents page right away when the customers get there. no waiting until they go to the check out page. Make it so they only have to put in a zip code for an estimate too.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Shipping & Taxes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. FREE Shipping on orders over $100 BUT be able to exclude certain [heavyweight] products.

It seems we can only give FREE shipping on ALL products if we set it that way. We need a way to say FREEE SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS OVER $100, certain [heavy weight] products do not qualify for free shipping. We could have a checkbox in the product details page that could be checked to EXCLUDE them from free shipping offers.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. set a maximum shipping price

we sell to trade customers, so being able to set a maximum shipping price would be great as they'll know how much they will pay for shipping.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Shipping & Taxes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. make your shipping module work

Shipping module should be able to calculate order shipping by packages per item, that is, for one sku like 3 fifty pound bags shipped as single bags at 50lbs per each so the ups shipping calculator gives an accurate price for 50lbs each instead of a returning a bad number like it does now because it can only see the product as 150lbs which is beyond the ability of UPS 70lbs limit.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. limit shipping options on certain items. They pick Media Mail (cheaper) even when it doesn't qualify

Most of our items qualify as Media Mail, and we like to allow customers the option of the cheaper price vs. Priority Mail. But now that we have more items that don't fit USPS Media Mail specs, they are still picking that option. Can we limit shipping options for particular items?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Shipping Options

I was taking a look at the shipping options, and noticed that there is no option in the quantity and weight based shipping for a graduated shipping cost. Shipping cost does not increase geometrically, so simply having a price per pound or item could lead to charging more than the merchant intends. I propose having the graduated shipping system currently used by the Order Based Shipping also be an option for weight and quantity based shipping. I believe this will give merchants more freedom with their shipping charges, so they don't necessarily have to use the realtime shipping calculator.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Multiple Carton Support Using "Realtime Calculation"

FEDEX, UPS, DHL's databases all support "multiple carton", but Solidcactus does not send this information.

Consequently if any item reaches 169 lbs there is no freight calculation and the shipping is $00.00. Using a default price per lb won't work because we ship all over the world. This is a major flaw and as our business grows we may be forced to jump ship or process orders manually.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Freight shipment tracking

Hi, I ship fitness equipment and the order send customer tracking info does not allow me to put in the freight carrier we used to ship.
    We use every freight carrier so I would like to see a selection "other" that I can type in the freight carrier Name, track/pro#, phone, and website. If not all at least Name and track/pro#. Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Is there a way to set a reduced price other than zero? We often use $5 shipping rather than totally free. We currently use realtime calculat

Is there a way to set a reduced Shipping price other than zero? We often use $5 shipping rather than totally free. We currently use realtime calculation shipping, but would like the ability to provide reduced cost shipping on orders of a set amount or greater.

It seems this could be done by combining the Order Based setup option with the Realtime Calculation (or other shipping option). The Order Shipping Amount could have an option to branch to one of the other shipping type configurations.

In our case, orders from $0.01 to $99.99 branch to Realtime Calculation. Orders from $100.00…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Fix tracking form to select the number entry

When enter tracking information button is pressed, a little form pops up to fill in the tracking number and shipper. It would be really great if the tracking field was selected instead of forcing the user to select the field. Further, it would be very helpful if it was possible to select the default shipper

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Shipping & Taxes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. order based by quantity range & country

we sell one type of product and would like to be able to say 1 item costs this much 2-4 cost this much to ship and so on plus be able to apply it to be segmented by the chosen available countries we ship to.

I am having to over charge people for shipping using usps realtime because it doesnt know it fits in a priority envelope and so on

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Label printing & postage via Endicia

Other shopping carts have this option. It can't take more than a couple lines of code to add this feature.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Shipping & Taxes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allowed a Hawaii / Alaska option for shipping for lower 48

I ship US and I would like to see an option for extra charge to Hawaii-Alaska as well as Puerto Rico. Otherwise I have to request the extra cost via a link to a pay button. I use standard rates setup. Set it up just like the contry option.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. fed ex retail rate

FedEx automation should ask if the customer wants to charge the discount rate or retail rate.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Tax Exempt Button/Option

If a customer comes to your shopping cart and are not required to pay tax they should have an option to click a tax exempt button and then they can email or fax their exempt form. Either that or have the option to put a note to the customers somewhere so that if they are tax exempt they can read it and see that and either put it in the special instructions, call the order in, email it in or fax it to you instead of losing the sale all together.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Serious flaw with shipping calculations

We offer two Real Time (RT) shipping options. USPS and UPS. When the USPS website goes down, the cart reverts to the other available RT option, UPS which is often twice as costly for the customer. The system should revert to the back-up table for USPS. As explained by Tech Support, this forces us to drop UPS from the shipping options and loose the extra service of overnignt and 2nd day shipping. We discovered this serious flaw because USPS website have had significat downtime lately. As much as I would hate to switch carts, this may just force our hand.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. FedEx International Ground needs to be offered as a shipping option

Currently, FedEx International Ground is not listed in 1shoppingcart as a shipping method for me to add to our account. However, we had a Canadian customer select "FedEx Ground" when they placed their order. This charged the domestic (US) ground shipping rate instead of the correct International Ground rate, which was 50% higher. Please fix this! Thanks.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Shipping rate options at checkout allow for perceived opt out

Customers can deselect, and therefore remove, their shipping cost from their visible calcuation on the checkout screen by selecting "-Choose a shipping method-" instead of the default rate or other rates that show in the drop down menu. This should not be an option. It implies to the customer that they can opt out of paying shipping - they can't - the cart does ultimately charge them. The selection of the prompt should not change the calculation, for any reason.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base