Big Ideas

We love your feedback. You help make us better!

Welcome. If you have an idea for a great new feature, or would love to see changes to an existing feature, we want to hear from you! Let’s have a conversation.

All we ask is that you keep the tone professional and the message constructive. Please understand that the purpose of this forum is improving the product and adding the features you need. Client Services is available online or by phone for reporting bugs and other support related concerns.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add an "Automatic Affiliate" feature

If you sell a great product, your customers are your BEST affiliates. Who else better to tell the rest of the world about you?

It would be great to have an option to automatically make customers affiliates with their own affiliate link (to that product) immediately available to them after purchase.

A simple checkbox in the product creation screen could allow us to turn this option on or off. If on, all the customer information gathered during the order process could be ported over to the affiliate database, making them affiliates for that product.

We could then send an email…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google 1ShoppingCart.com
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Affiliate Module  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Disable the emails that go to your affiliates notifying them of people who sign up under them

Disable the emails that go to your affiliates notifying them of people who sign up under them. You can turn of sales notifications but not affiliate sign ups. Very confusing to the user receiving same.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Affiliate Module  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow me to manually change the Affiliate Info after an order is archived

I need to be able to change affiliate information in orders that have been archived.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Create a way to change affiliate commission amounts for each affiliate for individual products.

Instead of only being able to change the individual affiliates commission or the product commission rate, I would like to be able to change commission rates for each affiliate and product individually.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. exporting the paypal payment address for affiliates

If you run into a problem while paying your affiliates there is currently no way to recreate a Mass Pay file. The first step in the whole process is to mark all transactions as paid. Then if anything goes wrong you're pretty much just out of luck.

The MassPay file could easily be created if you added to fields to the exporting functionality of affiliates. You need to add the field that says whether or not the affiliate is to be paid via paypal and the actual paypal address. In many cases this address is not the same as the…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. be able to insert affiliate links straight into copy on website TY page

My GF uses infusionsoft and when you sign up for her affiliate program, you are taken to a TY page with your new aff id displaying inside copy for swipe and promote. No emails to get link and then go back to get copy, it's all ready->set->go! We need to keep up with the Infusos!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. A referrel system

There should be a referrel system, where our customers can recommend our products to other people and either receive a coupon, or free product, etc. Maybe where they sign up and receive a unique code that is associated with their account, and then if anyone buys through their code, they receive some sort of compensation that the owner sets up.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 2nd Tier Email Notifications removed on Single Tier Program

We run a single tier affiliate program. However, when someone signs up as an affiliate after they were referred by an affiliate the original affiliate will get a message that says they will earn referral commissions from that person even though this is not the case. It creates confusion for the affiliates getting this message.

I realize it's not a sexy feature idea but it seems more like something that should be corrected. You can find more info in Ticket ID: 54989. They mentioned that it should be posted here to see if is worth fixing.

Thanks for your consideration.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. affiliate

Affiliate "Login Now" button and "Send Password" button on Affiliates Login page have a dark grey background and make the button hard to see.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. sort media in affiliate area for affiliates and admin's

Please help, in the affiliate area under manage media it only displays 4 items at a time. When you are attempting to load hundreds of items or even a few dozen you have to click through every single page to see what's posted versus what's not. It would be super helpful to be able to display 100 lines per page OR some amount) and also the ability to click and sort by text links "name" or any other media name. The same information would be helpful for the end user/affiliate a few so they can find the items they'd like…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow separate branding for affiliate programs.

You provide unlimited affiliate programs, but my bookstore and grease shop have to use the same header branding, etc. This confuses affiliates. Allow each program to function separately.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Disable "Congratulations..." email when affiliate signs up based on another affiliate's referral

Please allow the ability to disable the email that automatically goes out if an affiliate refers another affililiate that says "Congratulations! {PERSON'S NAME} signed up with us as a result of your referral. You will receive commissions from their referrals." I do not have my affiliate program set up this way and do not want my affiliates thinking they are going to make commission off of someone else's commission. It's really unprofessional looking and the fact that I have no control over what goes out, makes me look like a fool. Thank you for considering!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Setting different cookie time frames for affiliates

I would like to set different time frames for cookies to expire for affiliates. We have a lot of affiliates that are saying their cookie is only good for 90 days and some give it to us for 1 year. We would like the ability to make certain affiliates have a cookie last for 90 days and some for a year....I have called a couple of times and asked for help but I hear that we can't do that is KSC. Anyone with ideas???

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Option To Track Affiliate Commission By Lead Instead Of Cookie

Top marketers hard-code affiliate opt-ins with their affiliate's ID. That way there's no chance of the affiliate missing out on the commission they deserve because the cookie was lost or deleted. It would be great to have this YES/NO option in the Affiliate Program Setup. This is a great selling point to affiliates. "If you send us leads, and some of those customers buy weeks or months later, you'll get the commission". 1SC would enhance it's reputation in the industry it it gave merchants this option

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Customize Affiliate Online Display

We want a version of the Affliate Program where we sign up the Affiliate, and allow them online access only to reports on the sales that their Affiliate link generates. Currently, the module includes too many options and too much information. This may not require a completely different Affiliate module - just the ability to choose which data/fields to allow access to.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. let autoresponders contain info that's customized for affiliates, e.g., affiliate-specific coupons.

I want to sell online product through a network of affiliates who are otherwise in competition with each other. I want to encourage affiliate & customer participation by issuing a coupon to our online product customers that can be used at the affiliate operation that sent them to us and nowhere else. (A coupon that can be used by the competition is much less appealing than a coupon that can be used only at one's own store.) This isn't currently possible on 1shoppingcart: only a generic coupon good at all affiliates can be created. From a coding perspective, I believe…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make Flash Ad Banners Clickable!

Right now when you upload flash banners into the affiliate program panel, the affiliate link is placed BELOW the flash banner when they publish it. This looks ugly and exposes the affiliate link.

Why not integrate the affiliate link into the flash banner?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Mass Pay Report Paypal

Add a report under Manage Affiliate Reports that allows you to generate the masspay paypal report for previously completed jobs so if the link is not clicked or the browser shuts down unexpectantly it can be retrieved. In addition, on pay commission step 3 page - add note to warn people to download the csv/masspay file previous to hitting the mark as payment complete.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow Varying Affiliate Commisions

I would like to reward my Affiliates with a 15% Commission with new customer referrals, and 5% on returning customer referrals. I would rather not pay my affiliate 15% every time they make a referral, as I have affiliates who will just rely on a few reliable customers to make sales off of, rather than drive new traffic.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base