1ShoppingCart would rule the eCommerce world if you just...

Allow Handling Fee Per Order, Not Per Product

If you had a handling fee to the product then the cart will charge that fee times the number of products that are order. Change this to allow for a 1-time handling fee. example: someone purchases 1 product with a $20 handling fee they are charged the $20. If they purchase 5 products with the $20 handling fee they are still only charged the $20 (not 5 x $20). This would be a handling fee per order and not per item.

14 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
CPDScott shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Little Brown Dog Publishing Inc. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to be able to charge a handling fee per order, not item. I'd like to recover the cost of shipping materials per order but can't justify multiplying that cost by the quantity of product ordered.

• AdminJustin Bell (Director of Product Strategy, 1ShoppingCart.com) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Per order handling fees can be accomplished by using the shipping module. Many of the shipping options allow you to add an additional handling fee to the shipping cost which only applies once per order.

To charge based upon how many linear feet a customer is ordering, I would recommend usign the price adjustment option found within the product options. You would create a product and then add an option for the user to select the number of feet. You can then add an additional charge for each length (option value) that you provide.

• EnviroCept Companies commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Scott. But this may have to be an add on, not a modification. Something like "one time handling fee" to be added to the total of the order. I've tried talking to the help desk about this but they seem to show no sympathy. Currently only two ways to add a handling charge and neither will work for my needs. It seems like a quite simple thing to me to add this feature. I think it's either they don't quite understand what I am asking for or it is of low importance to them. I've been a customer since the early days of 1shoppingcart and put up with many changes. Now I find myself wanting to look around for a more compatible shopping cart even if I have to make numerous change to do the update.

• EnviroCept Companies commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a valid request. I have a product that I sell by the linear foot. So the customer can use any random number of linear feet in their order. The shopping cart only allows a handling charge per item. So if we only want to charge $15 for orders under $85, nothing in the shopping cart will work for our situation. i.e if the customer wants 10 linear feet it would cost them $150 in handling charges, We only want a handling charge if the total of the order is under $85.

Feedback and Knowledge Base