1ShoppingCart would rule the eCommerce world if you just...

Option to disable email notification to second tier affiliate

When we do not want to use second level commission, the affiliates that manage to refer a new affiliate member still get email notification which mention "You will receive commissions from their referrals." This is confusing to some people, please make the option to disable this email available. Thank you.

18 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Benny shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Big Brand System commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, this is a major flaw. The system is basically generating an email that lies to my affiliates. I don't have a tiered program, and yet they receive a message saying they'll earn commissions from a new affiliate's sales.

I see this has been a problem for several years. In my opinion it should be a high priority issue: why would I want to use an affiliate program that lies to my affiliates?

• Mary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a serious problem and extremely unprofessional! Affiliates do not like being told they are going to get commissions only to find out that it is not true. I agree with Peter Burnett's comment...this not only makes us look bad...it makes 1shoppingcart look bad.

• Peter Burnett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

IMPORTANT UPDATE: Mr Valiant wrote: You can turn this notification off from the "Email & Marketing > Affiliate Program > Affiliate Setup" page. Navigate to step 2 - 'Approval & Notifications' Scroll down to the bottom of the page and set the 'Send Signup Notification' field to 'NO' and save your changes.

THAT DOESN'T WORK.

I've been on to !SC support - and they confirm it doesn;t work - the emails keep getting sent - they even suggested i remove the referrrer from the applicant before i approved them - STILL the top level affiliate gets the email!

Regards

Peter

• Peter Burnett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is very important - massive bug bearfor us as well

The problem we have with the emails is that the wording is thus:

Congratulations! TEST Account4 signed up with us as a result
    of your referral. You will receive commissions from their referrals.

Now - if you have no 2nd tier - that is INCORRECT, and sets the wrong expectation. Having to constantly tell people that the system is wrong reflects badly on both us and also 1SC. - exacly as hypefree.com said.

SUGGESTION:

can we change the wording to the following:

Congratulations! TEST Account4 signed up with us as a result
    of your referral. If your affiliate programme provider offers a 2nd tier commission structure, you will now receive commissions from their referrals.

That at least is then accurate and covers all bases

Regards

Peter

• HypeFree.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is SMART how in the day of full disclosure are we explaining this to our customers. They want to be paid. We are disclosing no second tier in their first email, terms and conditions and can you believe some customers don't read this? they DO read the email that says, YOU WILL BE PAID.....sigh...come on Shopping Cart we love you, YOU CAN DO THIS>

Feedback and Knowledge Base