1ShoppingCart would rule the eCommerce world if you just...

do not show shipping amount until after address information is entered in checkout

It's turned some customers off when they see some form of shipping charge before they even enter their address information. Usually it's not close or correct until this ship to info is entered in and the page refreshes. I think having the shipping show in the upper part of the page may create more cart abondonment. In place of this, show, enter address information,then have the page refresh with the correct amount.

15 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Mark Washburn shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Music Wizard Group commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In agreement 100%. I am always getting customers calling me and I have to show them how to hit the refresh button. Or even worse, just get abandoned carts because they see shipping price way to high. A simple solution is to make it more clear that they should hit the refresh button - either a line of text above it or a larger refresh button with more decscriptive text. This is extremely simple and quick to implement. Please consider it.

• Koi Enterprise commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I 100% agree with customers shying away because of shipping prices not posting correcly or soon enough. I have a back up based on weight when the real time shipping is down. However this shipping price default shows until the customer enters address. We lose customers becuase of higher shipping before they can actaully see the correct shipping price. I would like to have a simple "enter zip code" quick ship check! I believe customers would love to know an exact shipping based on just entering a zip code and maybe a state.

Feedback and Knowledge Base