1ShoppingCart would rule the eCommerce world if you just...

Would require a lot less information for FREE downloads

When I have a free download, e.g. a report, chapters of my book, etc. I tie it into an autoresponder series at download, for obvious series.

But the universal checkout requires TOO much information, which puts people off (why do they really need to give me their address and phone number for a free download, for example?)

Could you have a simplere version with Name and Email address only being required, or better still the ability to customize what I request of clients (first name and email being the only two mandatory items, and address, phone number being mandatory if their is payment associated with the transaction.
Thanks

Karim

13 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Karim shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Velaction Continuous Improvement LLC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cliff,
    Using the media library means there are two versions of the file to manage. Media file also won't show up in order records and can't be combined with other products in bundles.
    I'd also like to see an option to only send the download links via email only to prevent fake email addresses. As the system is now, free download products can be obtained with false email addresses because the system directs the 'purchaser' to a landing page with links.

• Steve P. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree 100%!
    I love 1SC, however, there should be an option to require less information for Free products. I run a membership site and want to offer a free trial membership to customers (I am integrated with Aweber and WishList Member). However, no one is going to provide me all of the required information unless they're actually making a purchase.

PLEASE add an option to greatly reduce the information required for Free products.
    Thanks!

• REAL Difference Ltd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've read Cliff's comment and although it's a way of achieving this surely it's not secure? I've had many comments so far that the free product download is too long winded but treating it as a 'normal' product but with a shortened checkout seems logical to me.

• AdminCliff Van Kempen (Product Manager, 1ShoppingCart.com) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This can easily be accomplished using our media library to host the file, and a custom form to get the information you require.

You can either deliver the link to the free download in the autoresponder, or on the thank you page after they fill out the form. Your file will be delivered from your Media Library when they click on the link.

Feedback and Knowledge Base