1ShoppingCart would rule the eCommerce world if you just...

Improved Contact Search

We are currently working on a new and enhanced version of the current 'Client Search Edit and Add' page.

We understand how important Contact details are to everyone's marketing efforts and are really excited to be working on improving this core area for our merchants.

I will update this post with more information as we get closer to launch later this year (sorry, you're going to have to wait a little while longer - it's a major renovation!)

49 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Michael Valiant - Product Management shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Everyone,

On May 27th we made a number of improvements to the Contact Management system that addressed many of the comments in this thread and have determined this thread can be marked as completed.

To summarize the changes in the release:

1. Search Edit & Add Page – This legacy search page has been removed from the system and will no longer be supported.

2. Manage Contacts Improvements – We have made a number of improvements to the Manage Contacts page that will replace Search Edit & Add. Results are now available in near real-time and custom segments are now easier to define with the addition of the Equals operator to many data fields.

3. Broadcast by Segment – You can now broadcast to a custom segment you have defined from the broadcasting tool just like you can for autoresponders.

4. Contact Tagging – Organizing and segmenting your contacts is now easier than ever with our new tagging system. Create and apply tags to contacts to categorize them and then build segments or broadcast directly to contacts who have been tagged.

We know not every single comment was taken into account, but we hope to see more individual ideas entered so that we can continue to updates to the system that benefit our users.

As always, feel free to reach out with any questions or feedback you have and thanks for your participation in the ideas forum!

80 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Marin Shakespeare Company commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

echoing "a contact management system, ... ability to merge contacts. People have multiple emails and I have clients with 5 records, this isn't contact management.: Although 1SC identifies duplicate email addresses on entry, it doesn't test for possible duplicate Lnames with different email addresses. Makes db cleanup a manual sorting chore. Auto duplicates management is standard elsewhere.

• Michigan Women Bootcamps commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hate not being able to have the search option where all clients are listed. Need to have that option available. PLEASE keep the search option where all clients are listed in alphabetical order. So needed especially when looking for a client and spelling of their name is different. Also the recurring order was better before--now it is more difficult to look at quickly and summarize where they are at in their membership.

• Bear Valley Records commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't like it. I want to search all clients so that I can go through the entire list to clean things up and capitalize first names, etc. and am having a terrible time.

• Shari commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This doesn't fix the main issue with using 1SC as a contact management system, and that's the ability to merge contacts. People have multiple emails and I have clients with 5 records, this isn't contact management.

• Chad Wonder Magic Inc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hope you will build in a default to show all contacts or at least set up your own default number of clients in the list view.

• Steve O'Sullivan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not sure if it's mentioned here, but it would be great to be able to send a broadcast to my main list and exclude certain other lists. Can we do that or is that on the horizon?
    Thanks!!

• Pearl DreamCakes LLC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

None of the fields are useful to me in the new contact list. If you allow me to "tag" each order and give each customer a designation, I can determine which broadcast works best for that segment. Add the tag as an additional field to sort. This would solve many of my problems. Also, add coupons as another field.

• Rick Brinkman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My search need is for a "smart search". I would enter the fields I want to search for terms, ie. NY, NJ in the state field, NJ in my source field. Then save that search of people and as new people come into the database with those criteria, they automatically are added to the saved "smart search."

• Dean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be useful to be able to sort clients by country for stastistics.

• Heidi Little commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pulled a contact search this morning and retrieved 11 contacts/ some appeared to be duplicates (same email address but different date created entries) - exported the list and only have 7 on the export - can someone please look into this?

Heidi

Merch ID: 84108

searched on "heidi" (no quotes) - we're having trouble getting our users set up and i wanted to see how many entries and which email addresses I had in there.

• Crystal River Gems commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I may be the longest member still in 1shoppingcart ....I am in the id # 100's so I hope 1shoppingcart is truly listening...

1. Prices have gone from FREE when I started to very high in my opinion.
    2. I can not complain about features or service in the shopping cart or newsletter area but I no longer use the shopping cart. I am still using the marketing tools only which have done a great job for me for the past 12 years. I moved on to magento's cart and web design's but their email and newsletter tools are week compared to 1shoppingcart.
    3. The only improvement I suggest is to allow in the client enter and search field on the backend to include ( depts or any variable's) like a store with many departments / glass, jewelry, pottery, etc so each customer can be grouped by likes. I want to control this by what customer has ordered in the past and group them according to the departments that they shopped within and then send marketing specified to each group....
    thank you
    www.crystalrivergems.com

• kim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to search contacts by zip code so I can send regional broadcast messages.

Cliff,

On the new contact search - is it possible to have a drop down for the autoresponders? - So: Advanced Search/Category/ Autoresponder Subscriptions/ then Subscribed To / equal to/ DROPDOWN listing the AR's that exist? would be great to select more than one.

Ideally would also be great to exclude one or more of the AR's

Thanks!

Heidi

• Raphael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Forgive me if someone has already requested the same thing, but I just wanted to quickly voice a request that I think of every time I try to search for a client (if it's not already implemented in the new system).

What I wish for every time I log in to check up on a particular subscriber, is to be able to find them quickly so I can follow up on their request or problem. Currently, I would need to check the spelling of the subscriber's email making the enquiry, hope that they have the same email address entered into our database, and do a wildcard search to avoid typing out the entire email address (e.g. johnsmith*)

But if the database was indexed properly, I'm sure that it wouldn't be hard for us to search by any means without having to enter terms into particular fields (which is a system that requires the user to conform to the programmer's standards), and not requiring to use wildcard searches which I'm sure some users aren't even aware of (which then becomes a user-friendlier system that conforms to how users think and behave).

So for example, I should be able to simply enter "john" to find all the subscribers with the letters "john" in their name OR email address. Then I could proceed to narrow down by typing in more letters like "john smith".

Please add search by clients who purchased X and allow us to select more than one product - example:
    product #1 - full pay for program
    product #2 - payment plan for program
    product #3 - full pay for follow up program
    product #4 - payment plan for follow up program

this example would allow us to see how successful the first program was in filling the second program and vice versa -if we marketed the second program differently and got new clients from that.

thanks!

Heidi

Please bring back the pull contacts by autoresponder - better yet - add to the dropdown advanced search and let us select more than one :)

thanks!

Follow up to last comment - pulled the 400 or so who resulted in the query and there are people who DID purchase the product - needs to be looked at please.

Heidi

In testing this new feature I attempted to use the feature "Customers who did not purchase product X" I found that it added a line that said: Products Purchased
    Product ID

Not Equal To

it was already filled in ( I presumed that this was an example?) - so I modified the line that had editable fields to look for my 'maximize' products. Since I was searching for those that did not purchase I expected to get a return of several thousand - what I got was 400 - since I don't have a product number 12345 I presume that something is wrong with this query? I'll be testing more today - do you want ALL comments like this here?

Thanks!

Heidi

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base