1ShoppingCart would rule the eCommerce world if you just...

Pop up and warn me before you log me off and Auto-Save

Pop up and warn me before you log me off and Auto-Save

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are working towards auto-saving in the key composition areas: Broadcasts and Autoresponders.

We have completed our efforts in the Broadcasts section, and will release these changes to Autoresponders in our November release.

Please provide us more information on what activity you were performing when logged out, and where you feel we can improve the system with automatic recovery.

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AdminCliff Van Kempen (Product Manager, 1ShoppingCart.com) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lynn,

We have released functionality for the auto-save of working drafts in both the Autoresponder and Broadcast composition pages. You are not the first to report that this is not working as expected, and this is something we are looking into.

The key problem we face in our system is the requirement to maintain our PCI compliance. This requires that we automatically terminate sessions that appear to be abandoned. While you compose, the browser doesn't tell us that you are active on the page as nothing is being clicked or submitted.

To combat this, we have to find a way to tell our servers that activity is taking place, and that the connection should not be closed. The big difficulty with this is that technologies that allow us to do this (java etc.) are often vulnerable, and we can't use them. Further, browsers and security software like to block this kind of scripting because it follows the same patterns as adware, spyware, or malicious on-page content.

Believe me when I tell you we are actively searching for the issue, or a better solution.

Lastly, I will address your missing posts. If there are duplicate posts, we merge them together into a single idea, which could explain some missing posts. Otherwise, we state quite clearly that all posts in this ideas forum are to be constructive, feature related, and professional. The only reason a post would be removed is that it has been deemed to be non-constructive, policy rather than feature related, or unprofessional in tone or language.

We believe very firmly in transparency and would never remove a post simply because we are being taken to task for a problem with our platform.

• Lynn Crozier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

AT THE VERY LEAST, ADD SOME CAPITALIZED, BOLD-FACED RED COPY NEXT TO "Design Your Email" on the Design page, that says: "PLEASE NOTE: SAVE YOUR BROADCAST NOW TO INITIATE THE AUTO-SAVE FUNCTION, SO AS NOT TO LOSE YOUR WORK BY BEING TIMED OUT IN 15 MINUTES!"

Cliff Van Kempen - you left a comment about this a YEAR ago saying you are working on it, and NOTHING has changed. You have no idea how frustrating this is - why don't you guys CARE that you are causing this kind of exasperation for users? And I notice all my submissions about it HAVE BEEN ERASED, so it seems you are also COVERING UP just how big an issue this must be for your customers - if you're excluding my submissions and suggestions and complaints, it stands to reason you're excluding others' as well.

Feedback and Knowledge Base