1ShoppingCart would rule the eCommerce world if you just...

Fix your "new and improved" signup form generator

Maybe it's great for folks who want to make minor changes right on your site, but for those of us who used to be able to make html code changes to customize your forms so they are truly seamless on our websites, the new form generator is unusable.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Magi Helena shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Richmond Web Marketing commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Last time I checked you did have to re-create, copy, and re-install the form if the place where you want it doesn't accept javascript. Has this changed?

Also, I too wish the various parts of the form code were not encrypted so I could edit them right on the site, and adjust which AR it would send people to, which thank you page, and so on, like the old forms allowed us to do.

• AdminCliff Van Kempen (Product Manager, 1ShoppingCart.com) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Actually, you only have to change the settings for the web form; you wouldn't have to re-create it, copy it, or re-install it. Because the settings are saved on our servers, you only have to click on Edit, make the changes you want on the Subscriptions and Confirmation & Save steps, and save your form.

Once you have saved the changes, the form will use those new settings for future signups.

• NuMedia Publishing commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you generate a web form using the new system, and you want to change the AR ID or the redirect URL, you CAN'T do that (as you could with the 'old' form code).

If you want to change ANYTHING in the new form code, you can't....you have to regenerate a complete new web form.

The 'Get Code' function will give the full form code, but you still CANNOT edit the AR ID or the redirect URL because those options are cloaked within the code.

Feedback and Knowledge Base