1ShoppingCart would rule the eCommerce world if you just...

Combining customer records

I would like to see a way to combine customer records. If a customer comes back and uses a new email address, that becomes a new record. I can see many instances where I have the same customer with multiple email addresses, and it would be nice to somehow combine them.

51 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Caledonia Network Consulting shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • David Farr Direct commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes this would be great because just recently I had a client place a recurring order with an incorrect email address. I try to correct it however they gave me an error saying that that email address already existed for another contact. So now every month when we charge the card using the recurring billing featured, the receipt is emailed to the incorrect email address. The only way I know to correct this, is to submit a new order with the correct email address and cancel the previous order with the incorrect email address. Being able to merge contact records would be very helpful.

• Shari commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Until this is something that can be done, there isn't any way I can suggest 1ShoppingCart as a "contact management" system. It's useless for managing contacts.

• Nick Castillo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This definitely needs to be done. It is very aggravating to have to search through multiple records to view complete order history!

Feedback and Knowledge Base