1ShoppingCart would rule the eCommerce world if you just...

Add option to use the new "Universal" Google Analytics script/code

1SC currently uses the "old" Google Analytics code with ga.js script.

Google Analytics is moving everyone to a new script, analytics.js.

Problem: eCommerce tracking does not work properly between 1SC and the "new" Google Analytics script.

Suggestion: Allow 1SC users to choose which Google Analytics script that want to use - and hopefully this will fix the eCommerce tracking errors.

49 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Barry Taylor shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bumping this old thread.

Is there any update? As someone previously mentioned, my users go into a black hole during the Upsell Funnel. This causes a huge problem when trying to employ analytics and optimizing - I am unable to optimize my funnel because I simply do not have the data to identify key issues.

When analyzing my conversion data (Thank you page), it simply says that 100% are coming from shoppingcart/mcssl, which is absurd. I need to know and visualize the entire funnel - where they come from, the steps they're taking, actions, time on page(s), etc.

Please update this ASAP. This should be top priority - it is 2018!

• Luke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with all the other clients who rightfully state that 1ShoppingCart's analytics are dated. You can get cross-domain tracking by declining 1SC's 3rd-party Google Analytics integration and instead pasting your Universal Analytics code in Setup-->Cart Customization-->Checkout Header. This will record the session as one session, but it will leave out the eCommerce transaction detail, such as revenue.

To add eCommerce transaaction detail would require using Javascript and pulling the fields from 1ShoppingCart and sending to your Google Analytics: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/ecommerce

• Mometrix Test Preparation commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Google has announced that they plan to deprecate Classic Analytics (ga.js) sometime in 2016. It is now 2016 and this feature request has been active for almost two years. Are we risking losing our Analytics integration entirely?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is pretty ridiculous that we still can not use the new google analytics code. My users go into a black hole when they go to your shopping cart...

How is this not a top priority?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is quite important as Google is pushing us to use the new Universal analytics.
        Is there any update on this? Can we at least try adding our own GA tracking in shopping cart template? Tried doing this and putting my own Universal script in the footer of the template on Cart Customization and still didn't work.

Feedback and Knowledge Base