1ShoppingCart would rule the eCommerce world if you just...

Add Multiple Items To Cart at the Same Time with Quantites

I know about the bundling, but what I am talking about is being able to have multiple products listed, being able to choose how many of each they want, then one form button to push to add everything. So if I was selling socks, I would want my customer to be able to choose how many red, blue and green socks they want to buy, then press one button to add them all to the cart.

19 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Heaven Fest shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Brandon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to know why this isn't ALREADY an option, it seems like an obvious thing to have to me.

• haider commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello

Now 1shopping cart is alowing to add multiple items in cart at once or not??

Thank you

Kind Regards

• Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been looking into this and it seems like it should be almost trivial for 1SC to at least allow multiple items to be sent to the shopping cart. Currently, when the Add to Cart button is clicked, the customer is redirected to the shopping cart page with an "mid" query string parameter which, presumably, identifies the product being added to the shopping cart. Why couldn't we pass more than one mid parameter with the shopping cart URL? On the subject of quantities, I understand there are rules about the 1SC site accepting input from the vendor sites, but you're already accepting the mid parameter, hard to see the security risk of also allowing a quantity query string parm.

• Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an especially big issue for us as a membership site. We offer a cost per user per month as well as the option to purchase extra disc storage space for our SaaS application. In the current shopping cart model, our prospective customer must say they want users, then go to the shopping cart to specify how many users, then click continue shopping to say they also want extra disc space, then go back to the shopping cart to specify how much extra disc space they want. The user experience is clunky beyond words and will only be acceptable until we can find/afford a better solution.

Feedback and Knowledge Base