1ShoppingCart would rule the eCommerce world if you just...

When will you start working with bitcoin payments?

I'm wondering when 1shoppingcart is going to start working with Bitcoin? I would like to accept bitcoin payments on my site.

17 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Tri Swim Coach shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Marc Anderson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, Bitcoin is not subject to any form of volatility, because of the deep code that is wired in to the core mining framework.

• Marc Anderson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cliff, Bitcoin is an accepted form of currency right now,with thousands of merchants. CNN did a piece last night with Morgan Spurlock showing the teeming, robust marketplace for Bitcoin. I have had many customers ask, and likely have lost sales because of the failure of 1ShoppingCart to accept it. Frankly, I'm stunned that you don't already have a plug-in available. I would think that failure to have it in place within weeks will generate a tsunami of inquiries from existing merchants....just sayin"...and as a parting statement, I love 1ShoppingCart!

• AdminCliff Van Kempen (Product Manager, 1ShoppingCart.com) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are watching Bitcoin as a payment method currently, but have no immediate plans to accept payments using this cryptocurrent at this point.

Although it is receiving a lot of attention at this point, Bitcoin is still relatively new, and very volatile. This article summarizes many of the concerns surrounding this emerging currency:

http://techcrunch.com/2014/02/21/goldman-bitcoin/

Feedback and Knowledge Base