1ShoppingCart would rule the eCommerce world if you just...

Change digital download buying process so that merchant can do split testing.

I wanted to make you aware of a problem with the way 1shop handles products that are digital downloads. For me, and I’m sure for many online marketers, this problem makes 1shop’s digital download feature useless. In fact, I’m in the process of developing a new product that I would have liked to offer as a digital download product hosted with 1shop, but instead I’ll need to work with a 3rd party to host the digital files.

Here’s the problem.

As I’m sure you know, every serious online marketer does split testing. Split testing requires that I identify a ‘thank you’ page, which is the page that the user reaches after the shopping cart page that counts the visitor as a successful conversion. In the case of non-digital download products, we are able to dictate this page by completing the "thank you page" field in product set up.

But in the case of digitally hosted products, immediately after the user completes their transaction 1shop presents a dynamic url where the user can download their files. The ‘thank you’ page is only reached if the user clicks “Complete your transaction.” Most users will not click “Complete your transaction” since the transaction is already compete and they downloaded the files they paid for. Since most buyers will not reach the ‘thank you’ page, I can’t do split testing.

I have to be able to do split testing.

There’s an easy solution to this problem. Let me enter a ‘thank you’ page where the user would go after completing their transaction, just like for non-digital download products. Then, allow me to dynamically insert the url where the user can download their files into an autoresponder email that I could connect to the purchase of that product.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google 1ShoppingCart.com
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
mort shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google 1ShoppingCart.com