1ShoppingCart would rule the eCommerce world if you just...

Manually Approved Orders

We need manually approved orders to be forwarded automatically or via click/check box, etc. to the API. We have an automated USPS shipping label and tracking website that needs this information to complete shipping. Otherwise the ENTIRE order information must be manually entered into another system. This gets very time consuming and expensive when you reach our volume levels.

12 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Larry Fly shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Iain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This shouldn't be a feature request, it should be a bug report.

If the API is supposed to call our system every time an order goes through, but it doesn't call us when it's a manually approved order, it's an error.

The whole point of us having your system call ours is so that every time someone purchases a particular product, we can respond by setting them up with the appropriate access and account in our system. Yet if there's a payment issue and one of us has to manually process the payment, 1shoppingcart fails to inform our system of their purchase.

Please fix this bug as a priority; without it, we have to develop silly fixes to get our system to create accounts, track orders etc. This costs us time, and ultimately puts us off maintaining a long term relationship with you.

• Larry Fly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Michael, this refers to our web based Shipping management and label production solution - MyShippingPartner.com. I would like to speak with 1ShoppingCart about exposing this service to other who may have an interest. It solves a whole host of issues when dealing with shipping, order fulfillment, label printing, packing lists and international documents.

• Larry Fly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you for your response. I am referring to your API. If an order is declined, our client's order processing dept. must call the customer and get approval. Once approved, (and the order is updated within 1Shoppingcart) the order does not get forwarded via your API to our system. I was speaking with one of your tech support staff and they indicated this feature was not implemented. I did see the Resend Notification at the bottom of this orders page, but did not know if that would not only send an email, but also trigger the API to send the order via XML to our system. We did extensive testing on this within 1Shoppingcart. We do not get notification for orders that are declined (which is exactly how we expect this to work).

Feedback and Knowledge Base