1ShoppingCart would rule the eCommerce world if you just...

Create Single Use coupons based on IP Address.

Would be nice to create one coupon code that could be widely distributed, and have unlimited use in general, but only one use from a single IP address. The system currently captures IP addresses, so the cart system would be able to know if a single individual is trying to redeem the coupon code a second time.

31 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google 1ShoppingCart.com
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Richards Jarden / embroideryarts.com shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google 1ShoppingCart.com
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Taryn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like this as well. I just tried this today and it's a little frustrating that you can't do this.

• Evenstar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A coupon that can be used only ONCE per customer (10% off your 1st order) ($5 off when you reorder from us)

• Sam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi I want to create 1000 single use coupons for me site using 1shopping cart. Any ideas on how to do that

• HL Floyd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like this also, though perhaps instead of using the IP address, it could use the customer record - by name and/or email. It seems that it wouldn't be very difficult to do a look-up in the orders table, since the orders have the customer info, and a record of coupons used.

The lookup could be part of the coupon validation (via the "Apply" button), and return the message "Sorry, you have already used this coupon which is one to a customer"

Feedback and Knowledge Base