1ShoppingCart would rule the eCommerce world if you just...

Shipping table by country and region

The "International" shipping option only separates one country from the rest of the world, but most postal services work by regions. I need to be able to separate my shipping into Australia-wide, Asia-Pacific region and Worldwide, but there is no place to put the region.

It's easy to find the region from the country and I'd even settle for predefined regions (like Asia-Pacific), so no problem there.

Alternatively, I could define shipping tiers and add a list of countries into each tier. With this method, it will be great to have a value of "all other countries" to save a lot of time.

This type of table can be used as a multiplier. Say Product A is sent from Country X. Country X shipping multiplier would be set to 1. Product A would then be configured with a baseline shipping charge, say $1.50, which will be multiplied by the table value for each destination country to yield the final shipping charge. This way, if Country Y has a table value of 4, it will cost $6 to send Product A to it.

There may be other ways to do this, but the aim is to allow the merchant to define shipping by country of origin and destination.

7 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Gal Baras shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Simply Budgets commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I gave up on expecting the shipping cost calculator in 1 Shopping Cart to calculate accurate Australian Postal prices years ago. It was simply impossible to get it to calculate an accurate cost of postage. I spent a lot of time trying to customise the Australian postal charges to fit into the 1shoppingcart template but it never got it right.

How good would it be to see Australia Post as an option to choose from for shipping calculations!!!!!

Feedback and Knowledge Base