1ShoppingCart would rule the eCommerce world if you just...

Custom HTML showing shopping cart's running total

There's should be a code snippet, like the add to cart button, that adds a dynamic link on the page that shows the shopping cart's total balance. It would show a link like this "Shopping Cart: $9.95" and when clicked it would take you to the checkout screen.

40 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Envirosurfer shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • A.C.T.N.T. Healthcare Services commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also need the shipping charges available with this so they don't have to go to the shopping cart to see what the shipping charge total is. This is a common cart abandoment reason.

• MySk8Coach & Sk8erZone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be very helpful! This is the exact function that I would like to be able to add to my site. My customers complain about all the back and forth between the cart and my site to add unique items. Seems like a standard feature to expect.

• Zain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would love to see this feature implemented as it's pretty standard for most carts these days.

• Turbam LLC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a very common feature on most of the top e-commerce sites - having this feature would show professionalism on par with other top online sellers

• New Spirit LLC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is called a 'perpetual shopping cart'. In a MarketingSherpa poll 64% of online marketers responded that it was "very effective" in increasing conversion and lowering cart abandonment rates (April 2009).

I would love this feature!

• LapDawg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree. A little gadget code that you can place on your website that will contain a running total and products currently in the cart.

Feedback and Knowledge Base