1ShoppingCart would rule the eCommerce world if you just...

Reinvent the Ad Trackers

I find the data from the Ad Trackers useful when assessing whether or not a PPC campaign is paying off, but I'd like to see 1SC take a fresh look at how they actually work. For instance:
* Have fewer clicks and screens to set up or edit a Tracker
* Make the trackers much easier to search (by keyword, for instance)
* Make it possible to compare two different Trackers side by side
* Give results in a graphical format
* Add the option to allow the merchant to use Actual Clicks to calculate Visitor Value, rather than Unique clicks.

8 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google 1ShoppingCart.com
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Sea Breeze Digital Publishing Inc shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google 1ShoppingCart.com
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • NuMedia Publishing commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The problem outline by Sea Breeze Digital Publishing should have been fixed long ago.

Rounding to at least the nearest .5% is essential for the numbers to be credible.

It's 3 years and nothing has been done about this??

Are you kidding me.

It would take 30 minutes of programming work to fix this

• Nick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please allow the ad trackers to graph sale data for at least a year... It would be extremely helpful to be able to see how well a spot has performed for more than one month.

• Jason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having the ability to assign ad trackers to groups or categories would be very helpful for those of us trying to organize hundreds of trackers.

• Sea Breeze Digital Publishing Inc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm adding more votes to this. At the very least, I'd like to see you return to NOT rounding up or down the Ad Tracker conversion percentages.

Right now, your Ad Trackers show a conversion rate of 2% for a PPC ad that converts at 1.6% and an ad that converts at 2.4%.

That is a HUGE difference in profitability. Please return to NOT rounding up or down.

• Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the ad trackers are still stuck in 2004. It's crazy how neglected this is.... its one of the most critical parts of online marketing.

If we set up HUNDREDS of campaigns.... how on earth are we supposed to know which ad produced the sale using the current ad trackers?

Answer? we can't we are screwed.

we'd have to setup hundreds of ad tracker campaigns... which is retarded... why not allow us to add a subid so we can track individual ads????

you can't just use the same tracking link on more than 1 ad... how do you know which ad out of the lot the sales came from?

even clickbank offers conversion tracking. You just add a variable to the end of the affiliate link ?tid=

the ad tracking platform is one of the worst I've seen online

• Dark Matter Films commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to see the ad tracker campain also have the ability to track when a client is marked as "Deleted" for recurring billing. For example, we do an ad campaign with ABC Banner. We get 600 people click through to our site in October 2009, of which 500 order. But then as people unsubscribe from our service, I'd like to see the ad tracker show how many have done that. So of those 500 who subscribed, maybe 100 unsubscribe in December and another 50 unsubscribe in January. So now we're down to 350. It would be beneficial to be able to track the value of the ad all the way through for months.

• JWH Consolidated Inc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would also be great if Ad Trackers could be manually associated with sales, this may facilitate crediting campaigns for sales processed by manual check, or offline orders where 1SC is doing inventory management. Make it easier to create them and associate them to orders.

Feedback and Knowledge Base