1ShoppingCart would rule the eCommerce world if you just...

Create the option to sell "digtial gift cards" user generated coupon codes

it would be nice to sell gift cards for digital products(any product). If my customer could chose to buy a gift card, they can type in the amount that they want to send as a gift purchase. Then it would email the friend and them the coupon code with expiration date.

67 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Pigtones.comPigtones.com shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Karen BurtonKaren Burton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At least the option to "gift" a digital item - my client is getting ready to leave because she NEEDS a way for people to be able to "send the gift of ......." all her products are digital - so she wants a checkbox with "send gift to" and then it charge the person sending and the product is sent to the person being gifted.... --if anyone knows how to set this up it would be awesome!

• Mercer PublishingMercer Publishing commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The bigger issue is not just selling digital gift cards (or plastic gift cards), but the ability for 1SC to process the gift cards when they are being redeemed.

I am currently trying to implement gift cards through the coupon function as an order discount and an order for $50 with a gift card/coupon for $100 is still charging the customer for shipping and taxes. The coupon also becomes null and void after a single use, even if the original order amount is less than the gift card amount.

• 3V Prototype Productions LLC3V Prototype Productions LLC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please. It's Christmas Season and we need Gift Cards/Certificates. This would look much more professional than a coupon code. Thank you for considering it. Victoria

• cathycathy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You say in your FAQs 1shoppingcart offers gift certificates, yet it does not.
        How do you effectively use coupons as gift certificates?

• Enchanted GardensEnchanted Gardens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree!!!! Every other cart I've used offers gift certificates. The problem with using a coupon is that it doesn't seem to apply to shipping costs. 1SC please give us gift certificates!!!!!!!!!!

• RickVrenios.comRickVrenios.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like this feature as well. I was a customer of UltraCart and changed to 1SC. They had a gift certificate option that would let me set a value for the Gift Cert and it would keep a running balance. That way, people could spread the value of the certificate over several purchases.

• FreeBehaviorCharts.comFreeBehaviorCharts.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love this idea. I've wanted something like that in 1SC for a long time. What a great way to make new sales and get new customers without creating a new product, especially at the holidays!

Feedback and Knowledge Base