1ShoppingCart would rule the eCommerce world if you just...

Ability to spell Customer Name correctly - not to lose customers

You may lose customers, if you do not spell their name correctly. Most people appreciate (and expect) that you spell their name correctly. Wrong spelling creates annoyance, and you may lose customers or orders.

The reason I make this proposal, is that in the current implementation, there are some strange restriction in how you can spell a customer’s name. In many cases, you cannot use correct spelling!?!

If you would like to have European customers or just customers outside US, or US customers with such spelling of their name, the current version of 1ShoppingChart is not suited, as it does not support the spelling of many common names.

I propose that you can use correct spelling of a customer’s names, when you create or edit a Customer.

I discovered this bug in the current system, as I could not enter myself as a Costumer. My last name is spelled Toftegård, and for some strange reason 1ShoppingChart does not accept the å. There are several other common characters that it does not accept. This makes the system a bit defective.

It is actually a very simple correction (about one line of programming code) and has no influence on other functionality in the system. And it is essential for many businesses.

I propose that you can use correct spelling of a customer’s names, when you create or edit a Customer.

This was actually possible earlier. I choose 1ShoppingChart seven years ago because I could spell ordinary names correctly. I have e.g. many Danish customers, and their names often include the characters æ, ø and å. These are only examples, and other may need other characters, such as é, ö, ä etc. This correction should off cause also include the corresponding capital letters.

I really hope that you will consider this facility, as it is essential.

9 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Forebyg Stress ApS shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Forebyg Stress ApS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

NO it has NOT been corrected, at least not completely. I just made a search on my own name -Toftegård- which work fin (I have my self as contact). BUT I can not correct anything, as it says "Please check the following errors: Name contains invalid characters." I also tried to make a new contact, and got the same error. It seems as it accepts some characters but not other.
    I agree with D'Lux Tan & Body Therapy, that it is very frustrating!!

• D'Lux Tan & Body Therapy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have mail order customers in Canada who have accents in their names and since 1shop changed the client details area, we now get error messages when trying to edit a contact record. VERY FRUSTRATING!!!

Feedback and Knowledge Base