1ShoppingCart would rule the eCommerce world if you just...

Shipping idea for perishable products

I am the owner of a cheese business, and it is extremely complicated getting some of my customers to understand they cannot ship UPS Ground. We can ship UPS ground to select areas which take 3 days or less, but everyone else needs to select 3 day select, 2 day air, or faster. I need a way that the shopping cart will collect their ship to address and offer the shipping methods based upon it. Say someone from California orders (we cannot ship ground, because it takes 5 days). The shopping cart would collect the data and automatically offer 3 day select or faster.. Say if someone from PA orders (2 days ground) The shopping cart would offer only next day air and ground. There has to be some way to program this into 1shoppingcart! It is extremely frustrating for us to keep calling when people do not read our shipping disclaimer... Is there a way to put this information on the checkout page or something? Can anyone help me with this or suggest something?

6 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Golden Age Cheese shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • ncbbq commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree with you. We have the exact same issue. If 1SC offered a "smart" shipping method, based on ship to location (State, Zip) it would open the doors up on this cart for many many mail order businesses shipping perishable items. I have voiced the exact same concern.
    www.NCBBQCompany.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base