1ShoppingCart would rule the eCommerce world if you just...

add product category id and category name to product api

When obtaining the list of products via the XML api, it's missing the product category(s) associated with the product. Both the category ID's and names are needed unless you add a category api in which case we could pass back the ID and get the name.

9 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Backbone Worldwide shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Adamo Maisano commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree - the API should reflect all switchable, settable options available on the website UI, like including the categories a product is associated with in the "ProductInfo" results.

• mperemsky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need a way to get the categories assigned to each product. Our license keys are based on the type of product. Currently, without access to the category I need to do a string comparison against product names. As I add more products this if/else block will need to be increased. Whereas checking the category would not require such a change.

• Thomas Laine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In short, the API should be able to do everything one of the current exports can do.
    I'm also using categories to inform various control conditions on our website, such as show 'notify me when available' instead of the default 'sorry-out of stock'.
    A more feature rich API could be so powerful.

Feedback and Knowledge Base