1ShoppingCart would rule the eCommerce world if you just...

post values to checkout page

We desperately need the ability to send data from our own forms, to the checkout page.

For example I want to first collect their name & email in case of cart abandonment, and then send them to the checkout page but NOT require that they enter those things in again.

I would also like to pass custom fields such as possibly the traffic source they came from, a username they've chosen, or any number of other things to the checkout page for capture in my cart database.

This also ties in very closely to a full blown subid tracking system which is also absolutely essential for affiliates. When I'm asked to promote someone else's product that uses 1SC, I basically tell them I can't because there is no way to track what keywords or traffic sources generated the sale.

15 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
vanclute shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • David Farr Direct commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be great to be able to do on our checkout pages. I have seen other systems do this and it's a great technique to first capture their name and email address but it is unfortunate right now they would have to type their name and email and again on the checkout page.

Feedback and Knowledge Base