1ShoppingCart would rule the eCommerce world if you just...

Create a Test Purchase

I really would like to be able to do test purchases to make sure my selling process is all working properly. This should give us a test mode so that we can go through the entire buying process to see our upsells, thank you pages, autoresponders, etc...

14 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Ringold Nutritional Systems LLC shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Gerry Cramer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, but the 100% off coupon doesn't work if you're trying to test your Upsell funnel. You need a test mode for a product that lets us test our whole funnel. If you only offer PayPal, they won't let you purchase from your own account so we can't test using the $0.01 approach either.

This seems like an obvious problem unless you've already covered it and I'm missing something.

• The Enlightened Mom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As pp mentioned, we do the 100% off coupon code but you also have to remember to uncheck shipping (if it's a physical product) and if you have a SKU to Vervante or someone like that, you also have to take that off so the product doesn't actually get shipped to you. Then once you're done testing, you have to add those things back on. It seems like it would be easy to just be able to hit the TEST button in the purchase section and be able to test of the whole process without it being an actual transaction. Is there a reason 1SC can't do this?

• Eugene commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi guys,

Is this thread already answered? I also want to test my checkout page so I can see the thank you page display. I'm planning to customize my thank you page by grabbing the posted values after checkout.

Is this possible?

• Lola Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just created myself a coupon code for 100% off...
    then, when I test a product,
    I'll put the code in and there is no charge.
    Just an idea for you!
    Have a great day!

Feedback and Knowledge Base