1ShoppingCart would rule the eCommerce world if you just...

Request Opt-in from unverified client

How can I broadcast an email to my unverified clients requesting them to confirm their email (opt-in)?

7 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
RunaDun Movie Production shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AdminCliff Van Kempen (Product Manager, 1ShoppingCart.com) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you are looking to convert contacts who are on your mailing list, but are not optin confirmed, there is a merge code available in broadcasts and autoresponders that you may be unaware of:

%$optinlink$%

This special merge code will allow your contacts to "Confirm" their email address in every message you send out. The best part is that we hide this link from anyone who has already confirmed.

If your goal is to get people who are off mailing list because they did not opt in, then the "second chance" email mentioned in the comments here will do the trick.

• Iddy Biddy Reviews commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, This is the response I got from support when I asked exactly the same question - I also had good results from including an example of the email address they might receive the verification email from on my thankyou page.

"Thank you for contacting technical support. There is a method of sending out a second opt-in message to all clients to have not confirmed giving them a second chance t opt-in.

To send your second chance opt in link you can view the instructions below.

Go to ' Email & Marketing >> Opt-In Preferences'

On the top of your Opt-In Preferences page you will find a link that says: Send Opt-In Verification Message.

Above that link is a drop down box with a listing of all of your opt in messages in it.

First choose the correct opt in message from the drop down box, the click the link to send it to your unverified clients.

Be extremely careful that you select the right opt in message because once you click that link it will immediately send the messages out, and the link will disappear and cannot be used again for at least 3 months.

If you have already used your second chance opt-in link you will need to contact our abuse department at their email address abuse@1shoppingcart.com and ask to have the link enabled.

I hope that this helps."

• Whole Web Impact / Floyd Innovations LLC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had the same problem - and was told by Tech support that I could only send a "please opt-in" message to everyone in the whole database who was still unverified - once. Ever.

It would be good to be able to send this sort of message out to all unverifieds on a regular basis (every month, for instance) and after x months (or x requests), the person could be deleted from the system. I personally like to have a clean database, and I know sometimes subscribers miss the first confirmation message, then later are upset they aren't getting mail.

Feedback and Knowledge Base