1ShoppingCart would rule the eCommerce world if you just...

Add Pop-up Discount Option If Cart Is Abandoned

It would help boost sales if there were an option to create a pop-up(or some other type of form) that would present and add a discount to a potential customer who leaves the shopping cart.

91 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Team Success InternationalTeam Success International shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • NuMedia PublishingNuMedia Publishing commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am experiencing an increasing cart abandonment problem, due to one factor…

It has to do with the 'required' fields’ on the order form.

I have more and more people objecting to being FORCED to give their ‘Address’ and ‘Phone’ number on the order form..... particularly when they are only ordering a 'digital' product

Today, people are very concerned about their privacy and security, and when they see no purpose in giving unnecessary ‘personal’ details (particularly when the product is a ‘digital’ product) they are choosing not to order.

That's how strongly they fell about it

Of course I realise you have to have the fields such as ‘Address’ for your members who sell ‘physical’ products.

But even then, the ‘Phone’ field should always be optional (NOT MANDATORY)

• C0deJudo inc.C0deJudo inc. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just to advise: While this isn't a built in feature of the shopping cart out of the box you can actually purchase custom functionality like this from the store development team.

So, while its not it an included feature (which really would be sweet) you can still help reduce abandonment for customers via the custom solution we (Web.com) have developed.

Note: I'm not an official 1SC/Web spokesperson, just an employee trying to be helpful.

• 4AM Technologies Inc4AM Technologies Inc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must now. I think 1SC is the only solution that doesn't offer this. Come on guys, this would take a programmer no longer than 3 weeks to do.

• NuMedia PublishingNuMedia Publishing commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I thinks this function is absolutely critical.

Cart abandonment is a massive issue.

And ‘Robert’, don’t feel too bad about waiting a ‘year’ to get anything done about this…

I’ve been waiting over 4 years for 1SC to totally revamp their whole form creation process (which belongs back in the 1990’s) and I’m still waiting for anyone to even acknowledge that this has even been looked at

• Hoodmart.comHoodmart.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must! We have High Shopping Cart Abandonment and this could be a wonderful way to increase sales and lower the abandonment rate.

Feedback and Knowledge Base