1ShoppingCart would rule the eCommerce world if you just...

I would like to be able to change customer orders manually.

Customers frequently input items, addresses, sizes or other options incorrectly, they call or email us to let us know of the needed changes, which we update in our separate system. But the automatic replies they receive from the cart still shows the incorrect order info. This confuses customers. We do not want to make them completely resubmit a new order. The ability to manually change the info in the cart would help tremendously.

95 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Rose City Archery Inc.Rose City Archery Inc. shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Soul Art Studio Inc.Soul Art Studio Inc. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! Sometimes people order multiples of the same item by mistake. We have to issue a partial refund via our payment gateway, but then the numbers don't match up with 1SC. It creates an accounting headache almost every day. We need to be able to adjust orders or have the ability to issue partial refunds from within 1SC (already voted on this too).

• Alchemilla Skin CareAlchemilla Skin Care commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree. We sometimes need to be able to enter 'internal' notes to an order record. As with Larry, we would like to be able to add a personal note to the tracking order email too...

• Larry KolinekLarry Kolinek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

and please have a text box for a note to the customer. we give personal attention to most customers, by entering a short little note of thanks, etc. etc. So if we could edit the order, we would then add our custom note to the customer and once the order was shipped, the email WITH THE tracking number ALSO has our custom note to them.

• Larry KolinekLarry Kolinek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Being able to edit an order is essential. Customer's do make mistakes OR even better, they want to ADD to the order. There is no need to "force" a customer to place another order.
        Often a customer will order and then call asking -- can you "add, change, etc" the order.
        thanks

• Lamp Post HomeschoolLamp Post Homeschool commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can edit the Shipping Address and other customer information when you are viewing the order--which I didn't know for a long time until I saw the Edit button on the shipping address. When you click on the customer name, you can edit the customer's information. Very handy when a customer calls and requests a change. You can make the change and re-send the email receipt to verify the change for the customer. Love that feature.

• AllenAllen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely necessary. If the shipping address is wrong on an order, we have to manually write it on a printed copy for the shipper. This would cut down on error rates and would be more efficient.

• FreeBehaviorCharts.comFreeBehaviorCharts.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are so many applications for this one. The one that comes to mind for me is if a customer makes a purchase and lets us know they'd like to add a recurring order to the original order. Why should they have to go back through the shopping cart again?

• SpongeCandy.comSpongeCandy.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Which also brings up the issue of an any amount refund. If the cart isn't used to keep inventory, it can be used to keep dollar amounts accurate. What of a partial refund on shipping? Or something else. The all or nothing refund just doesn't do it.

• FullMoons Cauldron U.K.FullMoons Cauldron U.K. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We agree. The current situation is a pain when customers want to change / add something to the order or select the wrong shipping option. To be able to change the details held on the system which inturn will change the invoice / packing list / emails would be great!

Feedback and Knowledge Base