1ShoppingCart would rule the eCommerce world if you just...

Secure Ordering Processing via API - Allows Completely Custom and Client-hosted Order Forms

Improving on the existing API by allowing API calls to process orders securely would open up a lot of possibilities for merchants. Here are a few advantages that I can think of:

- Custom order forms/interfaces can be created and controlled by merchant's developers, in unique and creative ways that more suit a client's specific sales process needs.

- Because the order form could be developed in the client's web application language of choice (PHP, Rails, etc), order processing can be more easily integrated directly with other applications that might be dependent on billing such as content management systems, forums, membership software, etc, etc. (limitless possibilities really).

- And of course, order forms can be hosted on the merchant's domain!

Thanks much for consideration!

24 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Nick Pregeant shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • ChiaClub commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have just run into a very similar scenario.

I have a landing page with a form for collecting name, address, phone, and e-mail. No credit card information is requested. What I really need to have happen is for 1shoppingcart to allow this form data to be auto populated into your system so my user doesn't have to enter their non financial data twice.

Lack of support for this is killing my conversions.

• Fábio Milheiro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Cliff,
    Keep reviewing it and decide positively. This is really necessary!

I will definitely buy after you have that feature.

• Fábio Milheiro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Cliff,
    Keep reviewing it and decide positively. This is really necessary!

I will definitely buy after you have that feature.

Feedback and Knowledge Base