1ShoppingCart would rule the eCommerce world if you just...

Mobile card swiping integration (via Square, or Paypal Here, etc.)

At our live events, I would love for customers to be able to swipe their credit cards to pay. I've got an iphone and ipad, and can easily get a Square or Paypal Here device for swiping cards... We just need 1ShoppingCart to offer integration with one of these services!

18 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Daniel Tucker shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Foschia & Co. Inc. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely, I totally agree, would make working the live events amazing. Would love to see a Square type payment integrated into to shopping cart I already have set up.

• AGK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh, and by the way, I do have a SquareUp account and would love to get rid of it!

The point is, we want to be able to swipe credit cards on our portable devices, ipad and iphone, and have them interact directly with 1SC using our existing 1SC account and products.

So I'll go a step further, I want a mobile version of your site where I do not need to have SquareUp as a middle man.

The site would let me choose the item my customer wants to purchase, swipe the card so that payment information automatically gets entered into the order form, hit submit, and the order gets processed as if they had placed the order from their computer and entered the info via their keyboard. This would fit in with how 1SC already processes credit card payments for me and my customers.

We currently have a Square account that we use at live events, but then when we get back to the office we have to do a lot of manual "fixing"--creating customer records and adding people to the appropriate autoresponder. And SquareUp does not address our need for recurring billing.

We also have to add products to our Square shopping cart so we can tap the item they want to buy, but I already have these set up in 1SC. So I want to be able to use existing 1SC products, with all their existing coding, including creating a customer record and signing people up to the correct autoresponder, and allowing for recurring billing.

This is the future!

The point is, we want to be able to swipe credit cards on our portable devices, ipad and iphone, and have them interact directly with 1SC using our existing 1SC account and products.

I want a mobile version of your site where I do not need to have SquareUp as a middle man. It would let me choose the item my customer wants to purchase, swipe the card so that payment information automatically gets entered into the order form, hit submit, and the order gets processed as if they had placed the order from their computer and entered the info via their keyboard. This would fit in with how 1SC already processes credit card payments for me and my customers.

• C0deJudo inc. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This really wouldn't be possible as a solution directly from 1shoppingcart. Here's why:

1ShoppingCart does not provide Merchant Services, or process payments in any way. Ergo, 1shoppingcart would not be able to create such a software was SquareUp, since they do not provide the same services. It is important to remember though that a contact record is automatically created once an order is placed, so you do not need to have another method for automated entry into the database. the best thing to do would be to have a mobile version of your site so that you can process payments using SquareUp and place the initial order all from your mobile device (iPad or other tablet would work best in my opinion).

Feedback and Knowledge Base