1ShoppingCart would rule the eCommerce world if you just...

Product Based Order Notice Email - Secondary Destination

It would be very useful if you can provide the "Order Notice - Secondary Email Destination" on product basis.

This way, we can use a number of different suppliers / drop shippers, and they can be automatically informed of purchases that only relates to their company.

128 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Success Creator InternationalSuccess Creator International shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Everyone,

We are exploring this feature request for an upcoming release, and just wanted to make sure we meet all your needs. From what we gather, a copy of the full order (just as you receive) will need to be sent to a secondary email address that is specified on the product level. We just wanted to make sure there weren’t any specific modifications needed to the order notification that gets sent out to that secondary address.

Please comment on this thread if you have any additional information you can share.

19 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • NuMedia PublishingNuMedia Publishing commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature was raised in 2009 (7 YEARS AGO)

It's sitting here with 128 votes...and still nothing has been done.

It's unbelievably frustrating posting ideas here, only and watch nothing get done for years.

NO updates from responsible 1SC managers. Nothing

• Daniel TuckerDaniel Tucker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this?

Secondary email destination, on a per-product basis, (mainly used for drop-ship suppliers), with option to send them the full order email, or just the portion pertaining to that product.

So needed!!! We are all cobbling together solutions for forwarding order info to various suppliers..

Thanks!

• Bruce ArnoldBruce Arnold commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For my purposes, I'd like to see a set of fields below the "Setup Shipping Origin" that would allow me to send a notification email to a third party of my choice that would include the shipping information and any additional information appended (or preferably prepended) to the email through a text box where I could add that information.

• Daniel T.Daniel T. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Justin,

It seems that this thread is bringing up two separate feature requests, both of which I can see being very important to a lot of people, including myself. They are:

1) Order Notice - Secondary Email Destination - On a per-product basis

and

2) Additional Notification URLs in API settings area

To expand on this, the desired features are for these use-cases (both of which pertain to my business):

1) I receive an order notice email, the customer has purchased three different items that will be drop shipped from different sources. Currently, I need to manually scan every order email, and follow up by copying and pasting address info into emails to my drop-ship suppliers.

The new per-product order notice emails would do this automatically. For example, if the customer bought three items, and one was a Widget Z, then automatically a secondary order notice email would go to my Widget Z drop-ship supplier, with the purchase information ONLY ABOUT WIDGET Z. My drop ship suppliers DO NOT need a full order report, that's too much information to dump on them, they just need the info about the item they are about to ship.

2) Currently, Notifications API can only have one URL listening for tokens. I am selling access to a membership website, and so at that site there's a PHP script set as my 1shop Notifications API Listener, and whenever a new member purchases a membership, that script gets into action creating a membership in my database and emailing them their login info.

If I had two membership sites (which I may in the future), I would want each site to have a "Notifications API listener script." Handling its own business. Listening for purchases that pertain to its own membership website. For this, I'd need to be able to add additional "Notification URLs" in the API settings area. How about up to 10 of them?

Thanks for reading!

• JohnGJohnG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I echo @Joe McCall below and many others... why are we confined to selling only one product at a time on 1sc? Why can't we have more than one Notification URL in the API settings area? There should be a feature, such as "Add new notification URL" and give us unlimited URL's to plug in there... or at least 20 or so.

• JohnGJohnG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I actually think the request above changed. I thought this was about adding more notification URL's in the API settings area, so people can sell more than one product at a time.

• Touched and Transformed (TNT)Touched and Transformed (TNT) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Brian,
        This is to clarify what I am asking for in regards to this idea. Right now, on the "API Settings" page there is a Notification URL field. Just the one. I need more Notification URL fields than this, ideally each product would have it's own Notification URL field.

For my business to grow, I need to be able to have multiple membership sites. Each site has a unique URL. Right now I can only have the one membership site automated with 1SC. If I had the ability to add a Notification URL to each of my products, my ability to add membership sites would be unlimited. That would be good.

• Laughlin ConsultingLaughlin Consulting commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Brian - I believe many people's use is slightly different than you describe. What we need is a way for separate e-mails with our information plus the customer's information to be sent to product specific e-mails. However, instead of sending the entire order, only send those product(s) which have that same secondary e-mail (2EM).

So, if someone ordered a set of golf clubs with no 2EM, some golf balls and a golf bag both with the same 2EM, and some club covers with a completely different 2EM, three e-mails would be created: One to us with everything, a second one to the company listing only the golf balls and bag, and a third e-mail showing only the golf club covers.

Important Note: It would be of great benefit to also have a "Secondary E-mail Comment" field added and sent as a part of the e-mail. It could contain info such as: "Charge our Account #6789" or "Send confirmation e-mail to confirm@mydomain.com", etc.

• Joe McCallJoe McCall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES - This is a BIG deal for those of us having multiple membership sites and multiple products. We are STUCK having only one "Notification URL" for our ENTIRE 1SC account - for ALL our products. Why? It just doesn't make any sense.

• RyanRyan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is SUPER important for anyone running any type of membership site. We are currently running a membership site and are building two more. We will NEED to be able to add multiple notification urls or this may not work out.

• Laughlin ConsultingLaughlin Consulting commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Michael Valiant - With your recent GUI interface update, there is now plenty of space for a Secondary E-mail on the Products->Settings tab under the "Affiliates" box. The XML interface is cumbersome and you already have the Secondary E-mail code on an order basis. Adding this field would help tremendously!

• Whole Web Impact / Floyd Innovations LLCWhole Web Impact / Floyd Innovations LLC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think having a notification email field on a per-product basis would be very useful. I have a client who offers several different products, but uses two different fulfillment houses/drop shippers to take care of product distribution. If we could specify which warehouse needs to be alerted when a product is ordered, especially when people put several different items across both fulfillment houses in their cart, this would really help manage the process more efficiently. Thanks for considering this.

• The Expert Marketing Coach LLC.The Expert Marketing Coach LLC. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

thanks Michael, but I am not a developer, nor do I employ a developer. I cannot read, let alone implement an API key. I just want to notify AWeber that I have sold a particular product, so I can add them to that product specific list. If you had implemented the RSS-to-email feature, I wouldn't have had to open an AWeber account.

• PC Media  Inc.PC Media Inc. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This really needs to be added. In my case, I want to integrate with Aweber, but the way it is now, I have to send everybody to the same list. With a product-based notification, we could put people onto separate lists in Aweber using the parser.

• Noni StationNoni Station commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Though I agree your product page is feature rich, this is a critical feature, and a standard feature. I tell you why. When order notice email is account base, vendor will receive ALL order emails, including download product or other orders which they do NOT need to do anything. Plus, they will see all the customer information, which is not good from privacy perspectie. When you have option for secondary emails, you recognized the need for third party notice. However, it is really useless unless it is product base.

Do not think from engineering or design perspective. Think from business perspective.

Feedback and Knowledge Base