1ShoppingCart would rule the eCommerce world if you just...

Double Optin optional for every AR

I've got one main prospect list and several different costumer lists.
I would love to have an double optin on my main list but on the costumer lists an option without double optin would be much better.

Is this idea hard to realize? Anything planned?

16 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
www.Einfach-Rauchfrei.com shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

With our system any client that goes through the checkout process and becomes a customer is automatically assumed to be opted in.

Industry best-practices are really pushing towards confirming all signups, which is why we implemented optin as an “all or nothing” setup.

This is a great suggestion and, depending on industry influence, one we would definitely consider.

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • The Prosen Center For Business Advancement commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, it is time to add this functionality as well, per the Infusionsoft model. Let it be our perogative depending on what campaigns we are running, and squeeze pages, etc., whether we want a double opt in or not. This is long overdue per AR.

• Olivier Bessaignet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi from Paris, France!
    Here people are not much used to the double opt-in process, so I decided to remove it from my main general squeeze as I was loosing too many prospects (1 out of 4).
    But then for other procedures as a membership site sign-up, I really do need the double opt-in process.
    So please make this as a AR individual option rather then a global option.

• System 5 Enterprises LLC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree 100%

I have certain campaigns that I run where I DON'T want double opt in (squeeze pages, bucket lists, etc.), and others where I DO want double opt in such as my regular home page opt-in offer, and select websites where I want to ensure a clean list.

Also, having a different message is CRITICAL as I run 3 different websites through 1Shop that sell different products all related, but different, and my offers for a squeeze page are much different than my offers for the regular website, thus the opt in message has to be customizable to give them the link to their free gifts, etc.

• Get It LLC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What would make this really useful, is if there was a customizable opt-in confirm message for every AR. Right now you are forced to use the 'global' message which is only useful if you address one single audience. If you have more than one audience, or multiple lists, the current 'global' confirm message isn't sufficient. There should be some sort of merge mechanism on a per AR basis so that if you have an approved confirmed opt-in message, it can have merge fields based on each specific AR.

Feedback and Knowledge Base