1ShoppingCart would rule the eCommerce world if you just...

Please change the default sort order on the Broadcast page

I posted this a long time ago, "Please change the default sort order on the Broadcast page" and now it is marked as "Complete" and a note has been added to the post that changes have been made. However, the changes haven't actually been made and nobody seems to be monitoring the discussion thread under "Completed" posts. Please reference the original post.

Thanks,
Ryan

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Ryan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see that the default sort order is finally set to date. This is 1000000 times better. Thank you! Now, if we could only have it show more than 10 emails without needing to change it to show more every single time.

• AdminJason Longo - Product Management (Admin, 1ShoppingCart.com) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I reopened the original request and merged it with your new request. I apologize for closing the request prematurely. The sort order was intended to be part of the November release. When I looked prior to closing the request, it appeared to be working in my account. As you reported it was not sorting in that default order in yours. It will be addressed as soon as possible though.

If you select filter criteria such as Status "not equal" to "cancelled" you just have to hit the search button again to apply the new criteria. I was able to filter out my cancelled broadcasts using the filters.

I'm posting here again because as far as I can see, the default sort order is still the creation date, not the sent date.

Does anyone monitor these posts?

• Touched and Transformed (TNT) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Jason. I love this change...in theory. It is not working properly on my account. The sorting is not happening.

I tried to exclude all of the cancelled broadcasts by choosing: Status; "not equal to"; "cancelled". There is no search button to tell it to implement this selection. I tried hitting return to see if it would just do the sort. Nothing happened.

Help. I love this option but I can't actually use it.

Thanks Jason. I'm glad you're working on this. I'm logged in right now, and the default sort order is still the schedule ID and not the date sent. Perhaps your changes haven't actually been implemented yet?

The search function is cool. I see that has already been implemented.

However, there seems to be a new change that I don't like. Now the default is that you only see 10 broadcasts.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who is going to now be forced to select from the drop down menu a larger number of broadcasts and then click "search" every time I need to find my broadcasts.

Can't we have it default to more like 50? I always have more than 10 future broadcasts scheduled. So this means I won't be able to see any of my previous broadcasts without first taking extra steps, every time I goto the broadcasts page.

The basic idea is to make it function like an actual email program. No email program I have ever used limits my out box to a view of only the last 10 emails I sent, unless I take extra steps to view the rest of my sent emails.

Feedback and Knowledge Base