1ShoppingCart would rule the eCommerce world if you just...

add accessibility options to your system

We have on a couple of occasions encountered clients using a screen reader who are unable to properly interact with our web store.

We would like to see you update all of the meta tags on the page, and also develop a reader for the captcha.

Accessability may soon become a requirement legally on our area, and we are concerned about being compliant.

2 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
L. Mason shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Marcia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's kind of shocking that you don't have an audio option for blind customers to hear the Captcha content so they can complete their order. It doesn't require you to reinvent the wheel because so many other web properties have this capability.

• Sahar's Beaded Creations commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,
    I have contacted your support team several times within the last three years asking
    if there is a possibility to make your Website accessible for screen readers. I
    actually contacted someone named Jessica and hadn't heard back. My last message
    was quite frustrated because I pay $34 a month to get the shopping cart, and I can't
    access many of its components because it is not accessible. It used to be beautiful,
    and then, you upgraded to fancy java-driven menus that are not accessible to me.
    I am a blind customer. I cannot even get my discount deactivated because of your
    java-driven menus that don't work with screen readers. If there is no resolution,
    I will need to find a different shopping cart. Thank you.
    Warm regards,
    Sahar Husseini
    For hand-crafted, one-of-a-kind jewelry, Please visit my Website at
    www.saharscreations.com
    And remember, "Obstacles don't have to stop you.
    If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up.
    Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it."
    Michael Jordan

Feedback and Knowledge Base