1ShoppingCart would rule the eCommerce world if you just...

Direct unsubscribe

Similar to the way you can direct subscribe a user to an autoresponder, it would be great if you could also direct unsubscribe a user from an autoresponder.

This would help with integration with software like Wishlist Member that uses both to move from one membership to another. I could also see other useful applications for it as well.

5 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google 1ShoppingCart.com
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Paul shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google 1ShoppingCart.com
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sure Michael. Right now the direct subscribe email is useful, as it allows people to send an email to the special email address and they will be added to the appropriate AR.

In the configuration settings for Wishlist Member email integration, it requests both a direct subscribe and a direct unsubscribe email address, presumably so it can move people from one membership level to another and change their AR at the same time.

This is a low-tech way to allow the software to move people from one AR to another, and wouldn't require a full API to be created. Other email providers already provide this functionality -- both direct unsubscribe and API access to unsubscribe someone.

Hopefully this clarifies things.

• Steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorry....just realized the request initially set forth is only partially related to what was originally posted. Looks like the initial request was to unsubscribe from the mailers....whilst I am talking about unsubscribing from the recurring billing.

• Steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was just coming over here to request the same thing. I am utilizing a subscription service on a Wordpress Blog and the recurring billing is handled through 1ShoppingCart.

Right now, if a customer wants to cancel their subscription, then must send in a request form, where my client now has to pay someone to log into 1ShoppingCart and manually cancel (hold) the recurring billing.

He would very much like the ability for a subscribing member to click a "Cancel Subscription" button on our website, where we would then make an API call to the 1ShoppingCart system to cancel the provided subscription account.

I'm hoping this can be implemented (soon), as my client is actually willing to have us skirt around 1ShoppingCart and hit Auth.net directly to accomplish this.

Feedback and Knowledge Base