1ShoppingCart would rule the eCommerce world if you just...

Capability to NOT reset autoresponder to msg 0 when already subscribed

I have an auto-responder series that is offered to customers as part of multiple product bundle offers. For example, Bundle A, Bundle B, and Bundle C all subscribe to AR 1.

Let's say someone buys Bundle A which automatically subscribes them to AR 1. Then three months later they buy Bundle B which also subscribes them to AR 1.

In my experience the AR is reset to the first message in the series when they buy Bundle B. I need a way to NOT reset the AR to the first message in the series if they are already subscribed.

On of our responders has almost two years of messages in the responder, and thus if someone is a year into the messages and happens to buy a bundle that includes that reponder set of messages, they are reset to the very beginning of the series.... Obviously NOT what they like.

25 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google 1ShoppingCart.com
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Norm Sash shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google 1ShoppingCart.com
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I could give more than 3 votes I would. This is one of the types of features that separates 1shoppingcart from Infusionsoft. If you implement this feature you're starting to get a lot more competitive.

• Tan Lines Burbank commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the form code, there is the "allow multi" option but it doesn't seem to prevent multiple subscriptions. And that's only on standard web forms, not shopping cart pages. I would like it to work in both places

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm in the same boat. The system should be smart enough to check if a user is already subscribed to an AR, and if so, not to change the day #.

• The Voice for Love commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this one. I have a situation where I want an auto responder to only run one time no matter how many times people subscribe to it.

Feedback and Knowledge Base