1ShoppingCart would rule the eCommerce world if you just...

Improved / Update API Documentation

It would be most useful if you can tell us what some of the possible values of certain field can be eg statuses so we can code to catch exceptions and know what else to look out for as orders come in.

Your sample codes are excellent and is a great base to build upon. I've since built (c#) entities (entity graph) to match up to your xml responses, but it would be great if you can document the possible nodes that may or may not appear during difference circumstances. eg if an order is recurring or has taxes if won't know what's in their sub nodes until an order with those comes through.

I'm happy to share the entities on your site to allow others or yourselves to improve upon so we can all get better and robust codes. A mechanism to alert us of any changes to the xml response would also be most helpful.

What does everyone else think of these?

14 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Sid shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Michael A Davidson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree. There needs to be substantially more documentation. I'm currently trying to figure out just what comes back during different circumstances and it is a nightmare. The sample code whets the appetite, but the main course never comes!

Feedback and Knowledge Base