1ShoppingCart would rule the eCommerce world if you just...

Free shipping option for US only. Right now free shipping is for everyone, US & International.

35 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
KG Stiles Health Mastery Systems & PurePlant Essentials shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Health Partner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you , Mr. Valiant. However the first comment about this was made in 2010!!! Does it really take 1SC that long to change something that other shopping carts offer in their basic plans? Wow...not impressed one bit with the timing of your answer.

• Health Partner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have used 1ShoppingCart for years, and it is time that 1SC does something about this or we are going to move our account. This is ridiculous and makes us look very unprofessional and almost like we are scammers! We have lost International orders because they want to know "before" they order how much the shipping costs will be and we are not always open when International customers are shopping.

1SC also needs to have a program where we can print our shipping labels from the cart and not have to go through other sites. Right now we use stamps.com and it just takes too much time to go back and forth. As we continue to grow both of these situations are quickly becoming a deal-breaker with us.

1SC seems to be adding a lot of "new" things, but what about these two details that would make using 1SC a much better experience not only for 1SC users but more importantly for customers?

• Larry Kolinek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

how is this NOT included into 1SC?
    Offering free shipping is a "standard" feature for any shopping cart, BUT why does 1SC ONLY ALLOW free shipping to the whole world?

you NEED to be able to set up for free shipping AND a location for this free shipping. Free shipping should NOT over ride every other setting, which it does now.

The work around right now is to post a message:
    My shopping cart might give you free shipping, but if you are out of the US, we will charge you, even though the shopping cart says its free.

Sorry to be such a Smart Ass, but we have been getting orders that eat our profit AND the 1SC support person today, arghhhhhh.... i haven't called support in several months and obviously, not paying for it --- i just wanted to know if this feature has changed, i said, "I just have a quick question"... and he replied, "... aren't they all quick questions..." and refused to help, was going to charge me 10 bucks to ask the question. that guy really deserves to be fired.

anyway, ADMIN, i really think you should rank these products/features on money --- either MAKING money or SAVING money for 1SC customers.

• Alchemilla Skin Care commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with "Patriotic Flags" below. I have had to add a statement to our checkout page letting Canadian customers know that they will be charged shipping separately and won't be getting the free shipping that US customers will be getting. If the Canadian customer doesn't select 'ship to Canada' price, I then have to bill the customer or email then and wait for a response allowing us to charge the shipping fee separately. It just isn't efficient and doesn't look good on us as a business.

• Patriotic Flags commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do free shipping in the US, and charging people international shipping is a nightmare. I have to have a dropdown menu when the person selects the dollar amount of their order. Well guess what? Most people don't do it, they just leave it at the default minimum.

Then if they use paypal it's even worse. I have to send them a paypal invoice for the balance and fight with them to get them to pay it.

Since I started using 1shoppingcart in 2003, the monthly price has tripled but nothing has ever been added that makes it better for me personally.

Overseas shipping has been a nightmare scenario since the beginning. Right now, my US customer base is shrinking, but my European base is growing. Making the problem a daily occurrence.

Feedback and Knowledge Base