1ShoppingCart would rule the eCommerce world if you just...

Need proof customer accepted buyer agreement policy

Credit card Company’s are requiring evidence that a customer check marked the buyer agreements before they purchased the product, but the shoppingcart stores nothing to prove that.

When I tell me credit card company that they cannot checkout until the box is clicked my credit card company says "great, but I need you to prove to me that they accepted the agreement because you could have turned that on at anytime". Well I know the truth shoppingcart knows the truth, but I cannot prove anything.

I would like to see a field on the order receipt that acknowledges that the customer agreed to the terms of service. This field should appear on my receipt, within the order in the cart, and on the customers receipt. I would then have evidence that the customer agreed.

Obviously the field should not be editable in anyway. So if the credit card company claims I may have filled in the field for the customer I can tell them to contact my cart provider which can vouch that you cannot edit the field.

30 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Simcoe Ontario Safety Trainer shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Koi Enterprise commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great suggestion. I started a thread asking for a check box to waive shipping signature as well. It is something that has to be proved to a C/C company in case of a dispute. Please consider having a manitory check box to waive signature. It is a great tool to help dispute against fraud.

Feedback and Knowledge Base