Big Ideas

We love your feedback. You help make us better!

Welcome. If you have an idea for a great new feature, or would love to see changes to an existing feature, we want to hear from you! Let’s have a conversation.

All we ask is that you keep the tone professional and the message constructive. Please understand that the purpose of this forum is improving the product and adding the features you need. Client Services is available online or by phone for reporting bugs and other support related concerns.

1ShoppingCart would rule the eCommerce world if you just...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. ASAP: Make the cart page HTTPS because starting in July 2018...

Please change the cart page to HTTPS because starting in July, Google Chrome will mark all HTTP sites as “not secure.”

I asked support about this in August of 2017 and this was the answer:

"The cart page is designed to be an http:// page. Some prefer it that way and if we changed it for one it would change it for all. What you can do is submit a feature request at ideas.1shoppingcart.com to add a setting that allows the view cart page to be switched between https and http. If approved we may see that feature implemented in…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: sso facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Shopping Cart  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Redesign the MOBILE Check out pages to be TRULY mobile comparable

Redesign the MOBILE Check out pages to be TRULY mobile comparable and not just shrunk down versions of the desktop pages.

The existing "mobile compatible" check out pages haven't changed since 2009.

1SC mobile checkout pages just don't work for today's web shoppers. The truth is they haven't for years.

Instead of making an easy to use and read page, our mobile page just shrink the desktop version of the checkout page, which is just a usability nightmare.

So I did some testing the last few months with different carts and sold identical products using FB and targeting mobile users.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Shopping Cart  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Cap the number of items a customer can order for certain products

This would be useful for online training creators such as myself, as we only tend to sell only one item per product (ie. one course per paying customer)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 301 redirect

I would love to see a redirect function. On occasion, we have to change names of products, or we update them to a new version, and the url is out there in the wild. It would be great to be able to create a redirect so the old link goes to the new product.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Shopping Cart  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. EV SSL Green Bar

How could we have the shopping cart URL green (see attached)

This give a better user confidence and less cart abandonment.

We have our own EV Certificate. Please let us know how we could have it done on URL below as example:

http://www.mcssl.com/SecureCart/ViewCart.aspx?mid=F39DEBA8-9B00-4ADF-811A-8FEA04FD0ACD&sctoken=eb9a2f1e966c41df8d5e933b4b42eb9e&bhjs=1&bhqs=1

You read more about it here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extended_Validation_Certificate

or see: https://www.digicert.com/ev-ssl-certification.htm

Please advise on how we could have this on http://www.mcssl.com/SecureCart/ViewCart.aspx?mid=F39DEBA8-9B00-4ADF-811A-8FEA04FD0ACD&sctoken=dcd59a6f341e4cdc815571365c6fbbf9&bhjs=1&bhqs=1

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Provide Separate Fields at Checkout for Customer Name and Name on Credit Card

Many of our customers are office staff who are signing up for training or products but using their manager's company card to pay for the transaction. We need separate fields for the customer name (the person ordering) and the name as it appears on the credit card (the person who is paying).

Right now, the customer name has to also be the name on the credit card and it creates an awkward interaction with our list when we email them using the name codes and their boss's name shows up on the emails instead of theirs. We have to manually…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Option to reorder the final shopping cart page

option to re order the different sections on the shopping cart page for the following :
    Billing information
    shipping information
    ship to a different address
    credit card information

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Give an option for a Short Link, like a bit.ly, in the product Quick Link Builder.

Since bit.ly links are now giving a 10 spam score, it would be great if we could create short links like bit.ly links in the product Quick Link Builder on the links tab.

The cart links are too long to put in a text email message, or to unmask in html.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Customer Information Clears Upon Decline

When I enter a customer's order, but I accidentally type in the wrong credit card number for example, all of the information on the screen completely clears. I have to re-type all of the customers information. Perhaps, have just the credit card field clear upon a decline, but all of the rest of the information still filled in.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. option for drag and drop items in option menu

in the shopping cart as it exists now , if I add an items example : African Musk at the bottom near "z" in the list I have to go one by one with the "up" arrow to get it to the top of my items which took me 20 minutes per fragrance , another company has drag and drop, moving up to the position.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Bill To vs. Ship To Addresses

Allow those placing an order to enter a separate bill to name/address vs. ship to name/address. I have users who are purchasing a product using their company credit card or their executive's credit card. So the purchase record needs to be in the user's name, but the bill to needs to be their company name/address.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. "remember my information" checked by default in cart

Is there anyway to get the "remember my info" box checked by default:

http://i.imgur.com/hTR6WtO.png

Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. need to be able to arrange products in shopping cart in specific order

The products are always listed in alphabetical order. However, I want them in a different order... either by lowest price to highest price, or a specific order I create. Would you please add a field to the products that allows them to be organized on the shopping cart in the order we specify. Thank you!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Offer multiple checkout page templates, selectable within Product Setup

Having multiple checkout page templates/layouts would be a huge help. Your own trial registration page you use would work great for me because I also offer a trial and monthly billing, so please turn this checkout page into a template option for your merchants, for instance:
    https://www.1shoppingcart.com/Signup/shopping-cart-signup1.asp

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Cart set-up - Displaying Billing information fields

There is too much personal information being requested in the ‘billing information’ section on the ‘checkout’ page.

While your system allows certain fields to be turned off, your system makes a number of fields ‘required’ when they should not be.

I have a significant enough proof of order page abandonment from people objecting to having to give personal information when there is NO requirement for it

This is particularly the case when products being sold are ‘digital’ products (and are digitally delivered).

People strongly object to having to give their ‘Address’ and ‘Phone’ as a ‘requirment

The following fields should…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Custom CSS for mobile cart

Custom mobile checkout CSS, just like you have for desktop. I see almost as many, if not more, mobile sales than desktop. The current mobile checkout offers the customer too many choices to click on - IE navigation, return to cart, etc etc.

I would like to give the customer only one option - complete the purchase.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Checkout Customization

For accounts with products from multiple websites, the Checkout customization could be achieved by simply using the "Template" customization of any product in the shopping cart since the shopping cart should only have products from one site. I this this is a simple fix that can yield great benefits. Presently there is no logo customization past the shopping cart because the logo on Look and Feel had to be removed. This is a significant customization loss that 1shoppingcart should seek to resolve asap, since it can be done so easily.

Thank you

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. change instruction from "shipping method" to "shipping rate"

We use Flat-Rate Shipping. When a customer clicks to choose a shipping rate during checkout, the instruction says -choose a shipping method-. The word "method" is correct for some types of shipping setup, but not ours. If "method" were changed to "option" it should be correct for all as "option" could refer to any type of item in the dropdown list for any shipping setup.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please let us set the display order of products on the cart page. Right now they only show alphabetically - give us a way to order them

Please let us set the display order of products on the cart page. Right now they only show alphabetically - give us a way to order them, by price, or arbitrarily

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. shoppin

make major improvement to the MOBILE checkout experience by either by

1) having it be one simple page as scrolling is less for a customer to do rather than clicking to other pages and/or

2. enlarging the box fields as its impossible to put in credit card details with normal size hands on a mobile device

i have seen amazing mobile checkout carts from infusion soft because the mobile checkout is one page and the box fields are much bigger making it easy for someone to put in c.c details

as a marketer who runs lots of facebook ads, over…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base