Big Ideas

We love your feedback. You help make us better!

Welcome. If you have an idea for a great new feature, or would love to see changes to an existing feature, we want to hear from you! Let’s have a conversation.

All we ask is that you keep the tone professional and the message constructive. Please understand that the purpose of this forum is improving the product and adding the features you need. Client Services is available online or by phone for reporting bugs and other support related concerns.

1ShoppingCart would rule the eCommerce world if you just...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Need better Sales Tax Reporting

At the present time, County and other taxes are reported as a lump sum with state taxes without any kind of county designation.

I would be interested to know how 1SC handles tax calculations when there is more than one county in a zip code?

I can do a formulation on the export that would tell me what the county taxes are that were collected, but then at this point I would have manually research to find out what county each customer resides in so that I make sure I'm reporting the correct taxes to each county.

HELP make this…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: sso facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Shipping & Taxes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Only show shipping option that are appropriate based on where the order will be shipped

When setting up FLAT rate (not sure about other methods) - there has to be a way to assign method to the destination - meaning for example
    "FLAT RATE 1" would only be visible to domestic customers, "FLAT RATE 2" only visible to international customers. Right now all the customers see all the same shipping options on checkout page regardless of if they are domestic or international and we can only hope they will choose one that is appropriate for them.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Change the HST label to HST/GST for viewing on the check out pages.

Change the HST label to HST/GST for viewing on the check out pages.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. FedEx International Ground needs to be offered as a shipping option

Currently, FedEx International Ground is not listed in 1shoppingcart as a shipping method for me to add to our account. However, we had a Canadian customer select "FedEx Ground" when they placed their order. This charged the domestic (US) ground shipping rate instead of the correct International Ground rate, which was 50% higher. Please fix this! Thanks.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. USPS Priority 1 Day - description change

I believe the actual delivery time is 1-3 days, per my USPS rep. I think the description should change to reflect this because it sets customer expectations

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Multiple Carton Support Using "Realtime Calculation"

FEDEX, UPS, DHL's databases all support "multiple carton", but Solidcactus does not send this information.

Consequently if any item reaches 169 lbs there is no freight calculation and the shipping is $00.00. Using a default price per lb won't work because we ship all over the world. This is a major flaw and as our business grows we may be forced to jump ship or process orders manually.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Improve your realtime shipping calculator by adding a "do not bundle" button to each item

All the items we sell are large and delicate but lightweight and therefore need to be individually boxed and shipped. Currently if a customer adds 6 items to their order the real time shipping calculator adds up all the weights of the items and sends the weight and the box dimensions of only 1 item off to FEDEX for a price. FEDEX calculates the shipping correctly based on location,however the quote is WAY OFF because the shopping cart software incorrectly told them there was only one package (with all weights totaled up) A possible solution is that during product set…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Guys, please add Australia Post as a shipper option. This is vital for Australia!

Please add Australia Post as a shipper option. It's going to be very hard to use the product without this option.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Shipping & Taxes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. enlarge the "state selection" field. we experience an unusually high number to people who have accidently selected a state listed adjacent

enlarge the "state selection" field. we experience an unusually high number to people who have accidentally selected a state listed adjacent to their intended one. This in turn screws up computation of their shipping charge

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. shipstation integration.

Integrate with shippingstation.com

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Mailing tubes

There is no USPS option for pricing mailing tubes.. can you add that?

Thanks,
    Bruce Heinemann

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Ship to country based on product.

Being able to set up ship to country based on product would benefit all venders. Example: Digital downloads can be set up to be sold to any country, in the current system, if a country is listed in the DO NOT ship to list, the system will not allow even a digital product to be purchased. The system can be updated to not restrict the billing information but the shipping information.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I only need to charge sales tax for California residents. Is that an option?

Sales Taxes applied only as needed e.g. only to California residents. Not for wholesale orders and not for other states or countries.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Update the USPS Flat Rate Shipping options to include the Regional Box options.

USPS has a discounted Priority Mail option that 1ShoppingCart does not include on the shipping setup for products. This options saves about 20% so it is important to add this as soon as possible so we can offer it to our customers.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Be able to add both a fee and a percentage tax

We are already required to charge a percentage tax to our North Carolina customers. Now we are being told we have to charge a 60 cent fee on top of the sales tax. I need to be able to charge BOTH a percentage tax as well as a fee for my North Carolina customers.

I can't really afford to charge ALL my other customers in the other 49 state an additional 60 cents. And I can't really afford to eat this additional fee. Please add the ability to add both percentage fee as well as set fees.
    Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. allow me to ship from multiple shipping locations...some of my product drop ships from other locations across the US and some ships from me

I am ready to purchase a shopping cart plug in however I need one that allows me to ship from multiple shipping locations around the US. I have some product that is not held in inventory but instead drop shipped from two or three different states to my customers. I heard about 1 Shopping Cart through a vendor I buy from every month...I asked them who they use because I find buying from them easy!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Tell the merchant whether an address is residential or commercial-UPS charges different rates

UPS charges a penalty if they aren't notified that a shipment is going to a residential address. The cart collects this info, so why not provide it to the merchant.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. FedEx information should be transferred to FedEx for confirmed orders

FedEx information should be transferred to FedEx for confirmed orders

This would make the shipping process so much easier.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. fed ex retail rate

FedEx automation should ask if the customer wants to charge the discount rate or retail rate.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base