Big Ideas

We love your feedback. You help make us better!

Welcome. If you have an idea for a great new feature, or would love to see changes to an existing feature, we want to hear from you! Let’s have a conversation.

All we ask is that you keep the tone professional and the message constructive. Please understand that the purpose of this forum is improving the product and adding the features you need. Client Services is available online or by phone for reporting bugs and other support related concerns.

1ShoppingCart would rule the eCommerce world if you just...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. digital uploads

Have multiple digital downloads (files) instead of just one per product. This works well for products like audio cds and makes it much easier on the user to download several smaller files than one very large file. Also allows for downloading of different digital files for one product, great for program that have ebooks and audio files in on product.

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      4 comments  ·  Digital Products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Would require a lot less information for FREE downloads

When I have a free download, e.g. a report, chapters of my book, etc. I tie it into an autoresponder series at download, for obvious series.

But the universal checkout requires TOO much information, which puts people off (why do they really need to give me their address and phone number for a free download, for example?)

Could you have a simplere version with Name and Email address only being required, or better still the ability to customize what I request of clients (first name and email being the only two mandatory items, and address, phone number being mandatory if…

13 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • sso
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        4 comments  ·  Digital Products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • allow ftp access to digital library for uploading files

It would be very helpful to be able to upload files (new or modified) to the digital library with ftp. Right now in order to update our current files we have to first rename the old file, then upload new file with same filename, then reassign from the old file to the new, then delete old file. If we could just upload file with ftp and overwrite existing that would be awesome!

10 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • sso
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          2 comments  ·  Digital Products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Digital download should be able to assign a unique password to PDF files and give that to buyer.

Digital download should be able to programmatically assign a unique password to a PDF file so that every customer gets their own password.

9 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • sso
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            1 comment  ·  Digital Products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Digital Download Monitoring

Being able to see how many times a download is completed and how many/what IP addresses actually download each order is essential. This way we really CAN monitor who is ripping us off and what download links we want to Expire...essential for us with lots of digital products. I was originally told this was possible by several people at 1SC, only to find out it doesn't work that way (yet). This would be a big factor in me staying with 1SC...thanks!

7 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • sso
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
            • Fast checkout for free digital products so customer only has to enter name and email address

Currently the customer has to enter all details as if they were receiving a physical product - this could put people off if we are trying to capture basic details in return for the freebie

7 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • sso
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                0 comments  ·  Digital Products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Allow custom download instructions for EACH digital product, not just the first product.

If a customer wants to download multiple products, each product may require different instructions. Currently, the system only shows download instructions for the first product. Please allow custom download instructions for EACH digital product, not just the first product.

Solution: Show the Custom Download Page Instructions field above each product on the digital downloads instruction page.

5 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • sso
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • ability to delay digital downloads, but retain the ability to expire the links

The ability to set a time frame for digital downloads (ie, buy NOW, but download the file in 2 weeks), and still maintain the standard digital download protection features. This would be very useful for pre-orders and pre-sales of products that have a fixed release date.

4 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • sso
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                  • Digital Vault - Improvements for Multiple Digital Products

We have over 5000 digital products, and add approx 30 each month. The existing procedure is clunky and frustrating. It takes about 3 hours to add 30 products. First, the product details need to be created or uploaded (not particularly time consuming). Then, each one must be found, and associated with a digital file (either added on the spot or uploaded independently)

The vault system requires populating the entire vault contents, then manually locating the appropriate download file in the vault. With 5000 products this procedure is painfully slow - and then must be repeated all over again for the…

4 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • sso
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • FIX ERROR :: On Digital Item eMail 1SC Uses "Username" & "Password" instead of User Defined Labels

In the digital license area, the seller can define the labels Username Label and Password Label with the defaults being "Username" and "Password".

On the email that is sent to customers, the title of the email says "Username and password for your digital product." even if the labels are defined by the seller (not the defaults).

Also, within the email, it says "Here is the required username and password information that you need to access your digital product:"

The email title needs to be modified and the sentence in the email can either be changed to use the seller defined…

4 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • sso
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • Multiple Digital Products unlocked via Wishlist Member

Problem: When a user adds multiple digital products. The user is only able to unlock one of their products instantly via the thank you page. Unless the product was a bundle, than we can know for sure and create a digital product for that bundle. That does not stop customers from adding digital products 1 by 1.

Solution: 1shoppingcart is capable of creating a text file and sending it to an ftp server. This text file is created when a user completes their order and contains information like customer name, email, product(s) purchased, date of transaction, etc.

If this file…

3 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • sso
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • allow you to have the customer select which format of a file download they get on a single product

It would be nice for customers to have an option to choose what file format they can download for a specific ebook they purchase. They can choose which format they will download like pdf, kindle, epub etc.

3 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • sso
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • Add link to self hosted digital products that are larger than 500mb so it will email a download link after purchase

I would like to be able to provide the link to a self hosted digital product that is larger than 500MB.

This way when then buy the product the get a unique link that will expire that they can't share.

3 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • sso
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • Add "inactive feature, please upgrade" alert on the digital downloads page for basic customers

How would I ever know that I can not use the digital downloads function as a basic user. I understand it;s there s I can set it up to work when/if I upgrade and I understand if I buy the plan I should know what I am getting, but what if I just hire a web guy and he doesn't know the limitation of the digital downloads section if you are a basic user? Long story short, please add a alert box on the the digital downloads section for all basic users telling them to upgrade if they want to…

3 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • sso
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • A button needs to be added to the Digital Vault to delete folders

All old digital files were put in folders when the vault was added. If a merchant no longer wants the digital file, they're still stuck with the folder clogging their digital file list. The naming convention used for the folders also makes it nigh impossible for merchants to know what's in a folder without going into each one. Either a function to rename/delete folders needs to be added, or folders need to be automatically deleted when empty, as they have no actual purpose.

3 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • sso
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • Proof digital download was sent to email

Customers always say they didn't receive the email with the link. So an email showing that the link was sent to the email address shown would be wonderful! Thank you!

2 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • sso
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    2 comments  ·  Digital Products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Give us more control of emails sent to user who buys digital product

after user buys digital product they are hit with a barrage of emails that are automatically sent from 1shop.

2 suggestions:

1. Give us control over which emails are sent

2. give us the ability to customize the emails.

as it is now 1shop is communicating with my customers and determining the customer experience with my brand.

2 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • sso
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • 2 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • sso
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • export downloads

I would love to be able to download a field that shows the digital file associated with a product. Right now there is no easy way to review the media library to purge unused files, adding to space.

1 vote
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • sso
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • Change digital download buying process so that merchant can do split testing.

I wanted to make you aware of a problem with the way 1shop handles products that are digital downloads. For me, and I’m sure for many online marketers, this problem makes 1shop’s digital download feature useless. In fact, I’m in the process of developing a new product that I would have liked to offer as a digital download product hosted with 1shop, but instead I’ll need to work with a 3rd party to host the digital files.

Here’s the problem.

As I’m sure you know, every serious online marketer does split testing. Split testing requires that I identify a ‘thank…

1 vote
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • sso
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          ← Previous 1
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base