Big Ideas

We love your feedback. You help make us better!

Welcome. If you have an idea for a great new feature, or would love to see changes to an existing feature, we want to hear from you! Let’s have a conversation.

All we ask is that you keep the tone professional and the message constructive. Please understand that the purpose of this forum is improving the product and adding the features you need. Client Services is available online or by phone for reporting bugs and other support related concerns.

1ShoppingCart would rule the eCommerce world if you just...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Visa/MasterCard AUTO UPDATER for Recurring Orders

Visa Card Updater can update customers' card details when the customer's card has expired or when they have lost their card and been issued a new one.

It would be really useful and bring in a lot more custom if 1Shopping Cart implemented this feature with Visa and also Mastercard who offer this facility so that we can easily update customers' details in bulk without having to contact them individually or them having to contact us individually. Many other shopping carts such as CyberSource already have this and as 1ShoppingCart is better, please add this functionality too.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      2 comments  ·  Recurring Billing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Allow for a SKU/Product change to be made in the customer's recurring order.

Customer is on recurring billing for Product A. Company makes an enhancement to the product, and it now becomes Product B and is a higher price.

It would be great if the customer could be transitioned to this new product, through their recurring order edit, without their having to cancel Product A and place a new order for Product B.

Perhaps in the Recurring Edit (at the order level) there be additional fields added to change a SKU as well as the price.

15 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • sso
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        0 comments  ·  Recurring Billing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Deny duplicate recurring products

It would be nice if the system would check for check for duplicate recurring products and would not allow a second to be purchased.

9 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • sso
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
        • recurring payment autoresponders with balance due

Our company offers payment plans on some of its products but when the recurring payments start it just sends the original thank you auto responder that is attached to the product and there is no way to create an auto responder for the recurring payments. It would also be nice if each payment would give a remaining balance due with the recurring payment auto responder.

8 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • sso
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
          • Allow recurring payment products to be created in PayPal as Installment Plans rather than recurring payments

Currently, when a recurring payment product is created, it results in the creation of a recurring payment plan on the PayPal side when the buyer pays with PayPal. The problem with PayPal recurring payments is that they can be cancelled by the buyer. If the product I'm selling is delivered to the client up front, this is not desirable. It leaves open the possiblity that customers can get out of their payments. 1SC should offer the option to have recurring payments be created as Installment Plans in PayPal, which cannot be unilaterally cancelled by the buyer.

7 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • sso
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
            • Two Payment Plan Every 30 Days?

For those of us who request the customer agree to the Terms of Service, why does the Recurring Module insert on the checkout page the terms of service for a fixed payment schedule as "Every 30 Days"?

I can assure you that customers are concerned and bailing out on the cart because the sales letter states "two payments" and the checkout page shows "$xxx.xx Every 30 Days".

Please insert the number of charges in the Terms and have it state "Every 30 Days" only if the number of charges is left blank for "unlimited".

Thanks.

6 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • sso
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                1 comment  ·  Recurring Billing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Had better reporting on Recurring Orders as you did before

You previously provided more detailed information when a recurring order was declined in the TRANSACTION STATUS field. Now you provide a GENERIC "Declined" and on the recurring orders screen and recurring orders emails.
                This information is NOT helpful at all. Please put it back to the way you had before. You gave information like "Transaction Status: Declined: Issuer Declined, Error Code: 200" or "Declined: Insufficient funds, Error Code: 202"
                We need to know the reason for the Decline, it is too cumbersome to check each order manually. Please vote for this! I am sure other had this problem too. Thank…

6 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • sso
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • Reoccuring orders email- need the last 4 numbers of a credit card

You stopped putting the last 4 digits of credit cards on the reoccuring order emails. We need these numbers to process voids and credits for our customers. Please put back on the emails so we can tell who's who!!

4 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • sso
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                  • Have an option where we can select a monthly billing date (ex. 1st, 15th, 25th)

Really need the option for recurring products to have a choice where we can select a monthly billing date (ex. 1st, 15th, 25th) but the option to also do this on an existing recurring event to switch it from 30 days to specific date.

4 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • sso
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      3 comments  ·  Recurring Billing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Cvv2

Some european customers must have their CVV2 confirmed for reach transaction they make.

Which means if we have a recurring billing, it only works initially, and then they're unable to be charged again through the recurring system.

Please add a CVV2 update field to the update CC info. function and fix the bug that makes it so these people can't get charged again.

4 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • sso
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        2 comments  ·  Recurring Billing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • add an optional "Autoship" button feature to the cart

Cart should have an “Autoship” button for the customer to choose if they desire. (Optional display of button on each product as chosen by user)

Recurring billing price would be dependent upon the product option as chosen by customer.

This would eliminate having to set up separate products for recurring billing products and products that have different pricing options

For example:

Happy Pills (20 ct) $1.00)
                        Happy Pills (60 ct ($2.50)

Currently I have to set this product up as 4 different products:

Happy Pills (20 ct)
                        Happy Pills (20 ct) - Autoship
                        Happy Pills (60 ct)
                        Happy Pills (60…

4 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • sso
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • Recurring Order Cancelation Emails and/or Report

With the ability to have your customers view their own accounts and cancel recurring billing, there really should be a daily email or at the very least a report to run that shows when a customers cancels. If there recurring order is tied to a membership of some sort, we all probably need to do something after they cancel to remove their ability to access the product. If we don't know who is canceling this is impossible. Would be great to get an auto email every time someone cancels so we can then process any other admin tasks. Thanks!

3 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • sso
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • Allow ability to turn off recurring billing for a product

1SC does not allow you to turn off recurring billing for a product, stating that they do this to prevent accidentally turning off recurring billing.

However this means that we need to delete the product and find and remove every instance of that product link on our website.

We've used 1SC 4 years and there are thousands of links out there to recurring products for which we still get sales.

There's also no ability to redirect a product to another product so we can't even redirect a recurring to a non-recurring version.

3 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • sso
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • Dunning management

Better dunning management and smart logic to retry failed cards and autocorrect expiration dates. Also ability to set rebill time periods (3 days, 7 days, 10 days) later instead of retry on day 1, 2, 3, etc. Also, ability to customize a personal email message for each of the retries. Also, ability to set different email messages for various types of declines (failed card, expired expiration, expiration date approaching, etc.), In sum, more value added features for subscription management. Right now the offering is sparse.

3 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • sso
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • recurring orders should calculate shipping based on backup table, not prev orders with free shipping

We are using the Real-Time Calculation shipping option and we offer free shipping on orders over $550.

If a customer's order contains both recurring and non-recurring products, and they get free shipping (over $550 orders), the Recurring Orders module won't charge shipping for all subsequent recurring orders... because it was initially free. Shipping for recurring products should be calculated based on our Backup Shipping Table - not previous order shipping. It makes no sense the way it's set up now.

It would be ideal if there were a way for customers to choose future shipping options for their recurring products,…

3 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • sso
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • offline recurring orders

Can you please allow offline recurring orders. We dont process cc sales online and the majority of my customers are recurring autoship. We export all orders and then they are processed. As the recurring billing cycle comes up it fails to generate a recurring order because there isn't a gateway in the system to charge. I use the system because it can process orders offline and then manually accept the order after cc processing is cleared. It would be awesome if you could enable recurring orders the same way. Please, Please !!!! Thanks, Kevin

3 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • sso
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • allow me to search by how many new reoccuring orders i get each month

I would like to be able to see how many new reoccuring orders i get each month. Right now, the system combines new and OLD orders together in the reporting system.

3 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • sso
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • Add the 'Amount' or 'Total' option to merge codes. Most customers want to know what the attempted amount was.

The merges codes for recurring billing need to include an option for the amount or total of the attempted charge. This is our most common question from customers after receiving the declined auto-response. It would help tremendously to have this feature, as many customers forget how much they paid the first time (1 year later).

3 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • sso
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Combine Monthly Recurring option with Delay Payment Option

Currently, if you delay a payment by a certain amount of days, you can only choose the recurring charges to be set every certain amount of days, ie. 30 or 31 days if you wish to charge monthly. But that doesn't work because months have varying amounts of days. 1shopping cart already created a monthly charge option that charges on the same day of every month, but that update needs to be combined with the payment options where we need to delay the first charge.

3 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • sso
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • Add a customizable field to recurring records that would show on each recurring receipt

I just wanted to toss out a recommendation for Recurring Orders. It's a VERY simple suggestion, that I think would help all recurring orders for everyone

Give us the ability to put a Customized Field in a Recurring Order record. For instance, we sell cellular phone plans. Each recurring record corresponds to a cellular telephone number. It would be great to be able to list "Recurring Record for Phone Number:" on the receipt/emails for that recurring record. This would help customers understanding which payment matches up to which phone number. Currently only the Primary/Secondary Profile Contact Numbers show on each…

3 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • sso
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          ← Previous 1 3
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base